Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

di vessel setup too much pressure

SCOTT MITCHELL

wonder if anybody as experienced this before and how you overcome this problem.

I have just changed the di vessel setup from before the tank to after the tank.

the pump now suck's water direct from tank through twin di vessels then to the real.

The amount of pressure build up is fernominal.I have tried auto calibrating the controller and manually adjusting, with no look. It's leaking from any joints it can??

Since changing the setup my resin went from 002ppm to 123ppm in one day, 500 litres,

Please can anyone help?

You probably have air in the tops of your vessels thus the pump is compressing it. Remove vessels, take heads off, fill to very top with water then screw heads back on. Try not to introduce air when reconnecting the tank pipe to the vessels too. Let the pipe flow then bang it back on the vessel to try & mitigate any air pocket in the feed pipe.

The pressure is immense because the pump is compressing the air in the top of the vessels. The pipe from your tank to vessel should be as airtight as possible- a non-return valve just after the tank outlet will reduce if not completely eradicate air ingress.

You probably have air in the tops of your vessels thus the pump is compressing it. Remove vessels, take heads off, fill to very top with water then screw heads back on. Try not to introduce air when reconnecting the tank pipe to the vessels too. Let the pipe flow then bang it back on the vessel to try & mitigate any air pocket in the feed pipe.The pressure is immense because the pump is compressing the air in the top of the vessels. The pipe from your tank to vessel should be as airtight as possible- a non-return valve just after the tank outlet will reduce if not completely eradicate air ingress.
Thank you very much will try this in the morning.

would the pressure effect the resin, shoot up to 120ish from 002ppm in a couple of hundred litres?

Thank you very much will try this in the morning.
would the pressure effect the resin, shoot up to 120ish from 002ppm in a couple of hundred litres?
Since you've moved your vessels, check the flow coming out of them is going the right way. You may have connected them up with 'in' 'out' going the wrong way water flow wise.

Since you've moved your vessels, check the flow coming out of them is going the right way. You may have connected them up with 'in' 'out' going the wrong way water flow wise.
Thank you tuffers I have double checked that, both vessels flowing the correct way,,one of the vessels is a recon of eBay, can you get duff vessels?

Thank you

to mch hastle aving di in van in my case double di i filter in to tank one less thing to go rong
I was told to purify on demand as this gives the resin a slower rate of water passing through instead of blasting it with mains pressure. I have had nothing but problems since changing it over.

Still confused how resin can rise by more than 100 ppm in 200 litres of water

i did the same scott once an its was a nte mare i now just fill my tank slowly takes like 30 minits to fill a 500l tank the way i c it is resin is 100 percent tax decutable so if i spend £120 on resin a year thats £120 off my tax bill so dont matter how mch resin i go throu realy

I purify on demand. After tank through 2 x 11ltr vessels. There is high pressure but I change the connectors, rubber rings regularly and never have any issues. This is by far the best way of setting up your DI's.

Is water flowing through the brush ok, ie you can adjust the flow and it goes up and down when adjusting the flow? You don't have end stop Hozelock fittings on the vessels do you?

Is water flowing through the brush ok, ie you can adjust the flow and it goes up and down when adjusting the flow? You don't have end stop Hozelock fittings on the vessels do you?
Yes the flow adjusts ok, I did have a end stop hozelock on yesterday, I took the insert out but still the same!

It takes ages to find "DE" but then some times reads on contoller "ps" ?

Thank you for the help

i did the same scott once an its was a nte mare i now just fill my tank slowly takes like 30 minits to fill a 500l tank the way i c it is resin is 100 percent tax decutable so if i spend £120 on resin a year thats £120 off my tax bill so dont matter how mch resin i go throu realy
At the rate its using resin, a bag of 25 litres will last a maximum of 4 weeks, unger @ £65

PS means Pressure Switch. Mine does this from time to time. It just means that the pressure switch has kicked in. DE means Dead End. In short the water can't get out of the pipe.

no tax to pay then /emoticons/biggrin.png in all seriousness scrap the di in van m8 its to mch agg in winter its 1 more thing that can freeze an make ur day a wash out

do you find using brass fittings better than hozelock?
Yes they last much longer and seem to prevent the leaks. Also after changing resin the connectors seem to drip for a day or two, then they seem to seal and stay drip free until the next resin change. About six weeks.

Yes they last much longer and seem to prevent the leaks. Also after changing resin the connectors seem to drip for a day or two, then they seem to seal and stay drip free until the next resin change. About six weeks.
thank you for your help, just can't understand why it's eating resin doing it this way, at what ppm do you change your resin?

It might not work for you Tench but it does for others. I have never had my vessels freeze but then I have insulated my van. It means I can top up my tank at customers addresses (with permission) and put in longer days, if I choose.

Back