SCOTT MITCHELL

di vessel setup too much pressure

SCOTT MITCHELL
I hope you can get it sorted @SCOTT MITCHELL I wouldn't change this method of working. It really works well for me.

Thank you. Just looked at Daqua website and its cheaper than I can get it in my local shop. and that's delivered! Will definitely be ordering from there in future, thanks for that.

♠Winp®oClean♠

You'd be better of with two 11 Ltr vessels. Keep the vessels on the van, it's the best way. You just need to sort this minor problem out & you'll be away. I'm convinced you just have air in the vessels. I've used this method for 12 years, I have also never required speedliner or any waterproofing in any of my vans as they are all leak free & dry. If you have a problem, cure that problem, could never understand why anyone would waterproof a whole van rear because they had a leak!! Much easier to cure the leak.:D

SPCleaning

I find that after a day or two the pressure settles and any drips stop. I never get the van wet (unless I over fill the tank). The drips are not much either.An occasional trickle down the side of the DI.

I am very happy with my setup at the moment.

davewindowcleaner

I just want to check something,

Transferring pure water to the tank in the van, I wouldn't need a di vessel in the van if the water is already pure?

Right?

Guest SolarPanelCleaning

Bleed the Di by twisting the top while water is running through?

SPCleaning
I just want to check something,

Transferring pure water to the tank in the van, I wouldn't need a di vessel in the van if the water is already pure?

Right?

Thats right. The DI in the van in my case is purifying tap water on demand.

davewindowcleaner

Phew, I got a bit worried. Cheers SP

Smurf

I would love to have just a twin, triple or quad di on demand system van mount. Even an on demand trolley that can be use both ways instead of having to carry large amounts of pure water about. However unfortunately tap water is very hard in my working area. :(

davewindowcleaner

I aso in hard water area, What wrong with carrying water about in the van? For ten years i been lifting and carrying 25litre bottles in and out of the car. I can't wait till I get the tank fitted in the van

Smurf

Higher fuel and van maintenance costs can be attributed to the more weight you have to carry about in a van for starters.

I aso in hard water area, What wrong with carrying water about in the van? For ten years i been lifting and carrying 25litre bottles in and out of the car. I can't wait till I get the tank fitted in the van

♠Winp®oClean♠

Well, has the OP sorted the issue?

SCOTT MITCHELL

All sorted now thank you guys! Still going through quiet a lot of resin, so I am looking into getting a ro. What is the quickest ro system? Thanks

Pure Clean

What kind of resin are you using? I'm assuming its Tulsion but even if it is, you may have a duff bag.

I have heard reports that some places that sell the Tulsion is not up to scratch. It might be a good idea to try a different bag of resin if you have one and see if that helps.

spruce
wonder if anybody as experienced this before and how you overcome this problem.

I have just changed the di vessel setup from before the tank to after the tank.

the pump now suck's water direct from tank through twin di vessels then to the real.

The amount of pressure build up is fernominal.I have tried auto calibrating the controller and manually adjusting, with no look. It's leaking from any joints it can??

Since changing the setup my resin went from 002ppm to 123ppm in one day, 500 litres,

Please can anyone help?

"the pump now suck's water direct from tank through twin di vessels then to the real."

I'm confused! Why is there a pressure in your di vessels when you are sucking water through them with your pump?

THL4KEL

Is anybody still doing this? I.E Tap water in van water tank connected to double DI leading to reel? 

Was thinking I would prefer to have tap water in my van so if I need to either wash the van or a pressure wash job came up with no access to water I would have the option to use tap instead of Pure.

Iron Giant
On 16/05/2015 at 16:31, ♠Winp®oClean♠ said:

Are you still double DI so @THL4KEL can get some answers 😉

CM Cleaning Services
7 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

Is anybody still doing this? I.E Tap water in van water tank connected to double DI leading to reel? 

Was thinking I would prefer to have tap water in my van so if I need to either wash the van or a pressure wash job came up with no access to water I would have the option to use tap instead of Pure.

I run a double Di setup and have done last 2 years I initially had this problem with too much pressure causing hose locks to burst off .... I solved it by changing hose locks for valve stop type and removed the air in Di vessel ...... In regards to above yes exactly what I do should I need jet wash I can straight from the van without needing customers tap or if there's not one 

Scots lad

This is how i do it just use a hoselock connection to cut the dì out

THL4KEL
9 hours ago, CM Cleaning Services said:

I run a double Di setup and have done last 2 years I initially had this problem with too much pressure causing hose locks to burst off .... I solved it by changing hose locks for valve stop type and removed the air in Di vessel ...... In regards to above yes exactly what I do should I need jet wash I can straight from the van without needing customers tap or if there's not one 

Have you got a link for the valve stop you're using mate?