Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

0000 steel wool

paulio

has anyone had any experience using 0000 steel wool?. I know it's quite big in America with window cleaners but wondered if it was any good on our types of windows?. Looking for something to use when a scraper is not possible.

Cheers.

has anyone had any experience using 0000 steel wool?. I know it's quite big in America with window cleaners but wondered if it was any good on our types of windows?. Looking for something to use when a scraper is not possible.
Cheers.
Steel wool has always been part of a window cleaners trad kit, many still use i myself included, it`s not just an american thing, handy to keep some in your van!

Brand new scraper blade every time on a filfy first clean. Never used 0000 wire wool !

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

Why brand new blade everytime? ?

I use 1 blade for a couple of weeks with no problems

Why brand new blade everytime? ?I use 1 blade for a couple of weeks with no problems
Agreed, you can make the carbon steel blades last a long time so long as you give them a quick wipe after each use.

I'm a newbie and have already used 0000 steel wool several times. I find it amazing. Tiny paint splatters or baked on bug spots come off so easily with it. Love the stuff!

I use 0000 in oz and it's used a lot. I use it for getting sand that's blown on with the wind and won't shift with just an applicator scrub, also good for getting rid of builders work remains on new houses, never any scratches.

Back