Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Satellite cables in the gutter - good or bad for business?

Every time I do a gutter clean and there are satellite cables lying in the gutter or stuffed under lead work at the bottom of a valley causing blockages it drives me chuffing mad!:mad: Lazy sat dish installers!!

But then I think, if they weren't there maybe I wouldn't be called in to do the job.

What do the rest of you think?

I embrace anything that gives me more work./emoticons/biggrin.png

My favourite is the 30mm screw that cowboy gutter installers put in to attach the downpipe to the gutter.:thumbsup:

Might be a bit annoying but to be honest I can get around that quite easily either by vacuuming the **** out and/or using a progutter tool that can be slipped under the cable and drag the crud back to me. What I find more of a challenge if sods that have grown around a cable or under corner flashing. Really narrow gaps between tiles and guttering is to be honest my biggest bugbear as can make the job so much harder to do.

it is a pain although cheapie being cheapie and a messy sod....he sometimes can just grab a length and drag the cable and all the **** over the edge too

not a recommended method as is very messy..

but its always good to let the custy know you have done a job...and it gives them something to do ...

suppose things like that and the tolish screw..do keep us busy...er that screw can be very sharp by the way frank...:rofl:

so loved that smurfy keep em coming..

Im peeded off with doing jobs so I have sent the wife to remove my diy bath panel and unscrew and unblock the bath drain..

I did tell her to get some mr muscle but she said it was out of stock.

shes just come back to say the shower pipe is in the way and I explained that you pull the panel off from the other end but it was very hard to explain to her...anyway so far a lot of banging and the panel is off...

but as for unscrewing the waste...no chance...oh feck I will get off my harris and go and do it for her...

its her bloody hair thats blocked it I aint got any...:Dand off to another cheapie tale...

okay so the washing machine says code 03

waste pipe kink or filter blocked..

so I said...the waste pipe c learly is okay as you can see that...but I digress..off upstairs to the bathroom back to cheapie tale in a mo...

have to go and unscrew the waste as she said its not happening..

feck me she was right...for a plastic waste that was tight...had to go and hunt for my big di ck.:devil:..stop it...its a genuine trade name..honest.

I did that about six months ago and told her always use a hair sieve but that didnt happen...

it was c logged right past the u bend and through into the waste pipe and the stink..

anyway back to the washing machine tale ronnie corbett..

so I said its the filter on the bottom you have to empty and clean and left her to it...its good to give them jobs to do it makes them happy when they do it..

okay...it was a load of my scrims inside the machine but dont mention that.:thumbsup:..she thinks its the dog sheets she washed before..

anyway she starts to unscrew it and of course dirty water shoots everywhere and I hear a scream..:rofl::rofl::rofl:

so I explain you have to do it gradually and put a container underneath to catch the dirty water..

at this point I thought I had better stay as an observer..

it was taking forever as there isnt much room underneath for a container...

and I said ..dont know how some of my posh customers with their marble floors or wood do that..you would think they would put a hoselock connector on and so you could just drain it outside

ages later it finally started to run out...if it stops with the drum full ...that why...and she was cursing the designers something rotten..and I was agreeing with her..for once..

so job done I went back to my trusty chair and settled down...

only then does she come in and sheepishly say oh ...there is a little hosepipe next to it and your supposed to use that...:rofl:

well we live and learn../emoticons/biggrin.png

and just so you know the bath waste is all back together and clean now no more paddling whilst you shower..

Last edited by a moderator:
I only get told once by the boss to go do something. If it's not done straight away then world war 3 breaks out. Some would say I'm hen pecked but my wife has a mean left hook. /emoticons/biggrin.png

being naturally lazy I told the leader of the opposition to leave a written list of chores for me to do - not exceeding 10 -me thinks 1 or 2 a day done win win.Anyway I decided to improve my motivational level and started listening to Paul McKenna's, motivation tape-long story short it worked and I started doing the 10 as soon as got up until I had finished them all.Guess what?List replaced with another 10 everyday lol.Soon stopped listening to that.On reflection might start again l did make more cash- just forget about list

Latest Posts

Back