Jake

How much do you charge a sqm and what's your minimum charge?

Smurf

As much as I can get away with as it's not as simple as just charging a flat rate per sqr metre.

You also need to take into consideration the following when pricing any job up.

Travel & Fuel costs

Plant fuel costs - hire costs (if need be)

Methods/chems to be used

Type of hard surfaces to be cleaned.

Access to the job

Drainage

Access to an outside tap/standpipe

After treatments costs - callback to resand, applying selants etc

All of the above can add extra time/cost to the job.

Jake

Of course smurf, and for those reasons I don't go by square meter, rather, I go by how long it'll take and type/state of service...

I juts wondered how others priced, as if we all quote the way we do, the variances in price must be HUGE!

Rahul

I tend to do a test patch for the customer so they can see the result. I also time how long the test patch takes and so I can work out the amount of time the job will take.

Smurf

You also have to allow for clean up time too as on some jobs can be a nightmare if the water run off, soakaways and drainage is bad.

Jake
You also have to allow for clean up time too as on some jobs can be a nightmare if the water run off, soakaways and drainage is bad.

Yeah defo, nothing more annoying than bad drainage and tonnes of water everywhere

Smurf

You can still use a set price per sqr metre as a rough base price then cost in the things I've mentioned separately if you wanted.

Of course smurf, and for those reasons I don't go by square meter, rather, I go by how long it'll take and type/state of service...

I juts wondered how others priced, as if we all quote the way we do, the variances in price must be HUGE!