Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Forgot how much i enjoy cleaning windows!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
So as many of you know i no longer clean windows and now sit in an office most of the time! /emoticons/sad.png

This weekend however i decided our windows were hanging inside so dug around and found one of my old squeegees. Set to work on our windows and realised how much i enjoy it. Maybe because i have not done it for so long but hey. Was great, was expecting a few brownie points from the wife i must admit but she didn't even bloody notice that you could now see through the windows instead of looking at kids smeary hand prints :confused:

So as many of you know i no longer clean windows and now sit in an office most of the time! /emoticons/sad.png
This weekend however i decided our windows were hanging inside so dug around and found one of my old squeegees. Set to work on our windows and realised how much i enjoy it. Maybe because i have not done it for so long but hey. Was great, was expecting a few brownie points from the wife i must admit but she didn't even bloody notice that you could now see through the windows instead of looking at kids smeary hand prints :confused:

Nice one gav, bit if reminiscing ay'

What do you do now then? Can't just be this forum..?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope not just this forum. This would not be a sustainable income. I am now a manager of an Autism resource and information centre. I enjoy it but looking out that window on a glorious sunny day is not nice.

Nope not just this forum. This would not be a sustainable income. I am now a manager of an Autism resource and information centre. I enjoy it but looking out that window on a glorious sunny day is not nice.

Sounds like a good job doing a good thing Gav, much respect

Yeah its a pretty good job. Have work up the ranks for years even when i was cleaning i stayed with them to keep my foot in the door. I still miss cleaning though, being out and about etc although i dont miss the winters!

get them windows cleaned in the centre :thumbsup:

I pay a windy to do it. Its not my money! Quite funny though as i sit here thinking oh i wouldn't do it like that, he missed a bit etc

I pay a windy to do it. Its not my money! Quite funny though as i sit here thinking oh i wouldn't do it like that, he missed a bit etc
its in ya blood :thumbsup:

Not that many sunny days to look at out yer window Gav at the moment.

Unless yer telling us porkys & you live in Spain really in a big villa with a pool & sineritas everywhere feeding you grapes while massaging yer rubbing in all that oil then having a hot shower & dried off by one of them.

Do I need a holiday!!

wish I could get time to clean my windows..

yeh your right gav ..the wife never says a thing but I know when they have been cleaned.../emoticons/biggrin.png

you really understand why people want them cleaning when you clean your own...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that many sunny days to look at out yer window Gav at the moment.
Unless yer telling us porkys & you live in Spain really in a big villa with a pool & sineritas everywhere feeding you grapes while massaging yer rubbing in all that oil then having a hot shower & dried off by one of them.

Do I need a holiday!!
I was thinking of Gav in that way as well /emoticons/wink.png

https://earlthebutcher.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/ron_jeremy.jpg

Back