Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Business Plans

Hi, I did one before I started for my own use, theres lots of guidence and examples online, that's what I used. Like princes trust for eg.

I put in my target market, how to reach them (!), what I'd need, how I'd learn, time lines, costs, ongoing costs, lots of other categories

Wow i often wondered why you would need one if you are a windy. Surely it is all about gaining new custys and cleaning them and thats pretty much all there is to it isnt it ? But come.to think about it there is more like buying new equipment economizing the round in terms of mileage and fuel costs new ways of marketing Etc. What else do you lot think about when running your business?

Jamie pm me your email and i will forward all the forms the princes trust/wenta business centre sent me to help with business plan writing (template) advice and cash flow forecasting (template)

Brilliant @daveyboy1 Thanks mate.

How the hell do you send a pm on here? :rofl: oh sod it - ... . Let me know when you've sent it and I'l take it down.

Modern Technology eh....:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Done it mate

Ignore the first one it didn't have the files attached and some of the forms will not be of any use but the business plan, cash flow and personal survival budget may be of some use

To pm someone click on their pic on a conversation and when their profile comes up click on start a conversation

Job done

No worries

It may help

I had to do a business plan for a grant

I used the templates and they submitted it to the council straight away as it was good enough

Thanks, they are just what I was after.

Were you a start up when you had to submit the business plan? I am trying to predict what my sales will be to put into the cash flow, and I have no idea what to put in. Its hard to say what is achievable with full time canvassing from the start

I was a start up

Well a re start up as i had sold my london round and worked subbing for years

It's a bit of an educated guess with cash flow prediction

If you only got 5 new £10 jobs a week then your monthly income would go up by £200-£250 a month which is a grand in 4-5 months so who knows

You could do a lot better canvassing if you put your mind to it easily

I did a business plan as originally I was going to get a loan... Glad I didn't now but the business plan I did, even as guessed as it was, showed me I needed to do windows and gutter, not just gutter as I was going to try. As the forum helped show, it seems rare to have gutter cleaning as a stand alone business

You have to fail sometimes to show you where you went wrong and then do it properly after

Agree with that, especially with an 'alien' venture out of the comfort zone

But bring a pessimist, I'd add 'hopefully' do it right next time ;-)

Never say hopefully

You have to KNOW you will achieve what you want to

Then it WILL happen

That's my belief in how things work anyway

I refuse to believe that i can fail at anything i want to do

Just finished at the gym amd at 15.5 stone just did my first 10 unassisted chin ups/pull ups in years since putting 2 stone on

Last month I struggled to do them on the assisted chin up machine

Just have to be 100% determined

Good gains there dave I think my record was about 12 slowish pull-ups, now 6 are an effort after slacking at 12stone.

I confuse chin and pull ups..always have

I do the one with palms facing away from me

Once i lose a bit more weight they will be easy then now i can do them at my weight

Press ups on the powerplate are a killer though

I am determined i will do my first muscle up in a very very very long time at some point

Then i will know it is all working

Back