Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adamangler

Lost a Custie to VISON!

adamangler

Ive seen them working and taking ages, i guess it depends on the operator.

I go as quic as i can but average 20-30 minds per house, cant understand how guys can do a semi in 10 mins

rafawindowcleaning

Well i could not do a 4 bed semi in 10 mins well. Been going just two years so far and i think i am reasonably quick but need about 25 mins for 4 bed at least

rafawindowcleaning

Jonathan Sanderson would you do us all a favor and make a video of a maintenance clean you do so we can see where we all go wrong? I would love to be able to do an average house in 10 mins heck even 15 would be great

Jonathan Sanderson
Ive seen them working and taking ages, i guess it depends on the operator.

I go as quic as i can but average 20-30 minds per house, cant understand how guys can do a semi in 10 mins

This is a video I recently did to show some how I worked.

This property is a 4 bedroom detached house (WITH CONSERVATORY)and takes me just over 10 minutes to clean. All frames,ledges and doors washed down.

I also know that I work to a high standard. I never get complaints and regularly check my work. All work is referrals etc, so I know I'm not splash and dash.

I also know that I'm by no means the fastest. Some on here would knock spots off me.

Point is that 10 minutes for a 4 bedroom detached is easily achievable and doesn't mean that quality is lacking.

[media]

[/media]

Duncs

whats the hard,ist part of the job

getting reliable guys you can trust who are willing to graft

Jonathan Sanderson
Jonathan Sanderson would you do us all a favor and make a video of a maintenance clean you do so we can see where we all go wrong? I would love to be able to do an average house in 10 mins heck even 15 would be great

See above. :)

Duncs

jonathan how much do you charge for that house

Jonathan Sanderson
jonathan how much do you charge for that house

No comment! Haha.

I'm up in Scotland, so prices aren't great, but at the speed and efficiency that I work it means it can balance out for me.

At the front there is only 2 upstairs and one downstairs, plus front door. I charge £10.

Trad guys around me charge £5-£7. I know. Yikes.

cheapncheerful

cant argue with that jonathan:D

great video nice action....I have tried to make one myself and will do soon to give you all a laugh...

twice I tripped over the bloody hose and pulled the trolley over today...

and hauled the trolley up to do some roof walking so didnt put too much water in and yep it was one two foot window short of water....grrrr..

and catch things with my hose ....hmmm

its actually easier to just try and lassoo things in advance ..on that roof walk I managed to catch a garden bench down below....I was NOT amused...

now you know why I like to wfp when no one is about...

and ...yep ...I DID NOTICE....it was the nice glass...:whistle: in your vid...

yeh plenty like that at a tenner around me too..

Smurf

You slow coach :D

This is a video I recently did to show some how I worked.

This property is a 4 bedroom detached house (WITH CONSERVATORY)and takes me just over 10 minutes to clean. All frames,ledges and doors washed down.

I also know that I work to a high standard. I never get complaints and regularly check my work. All work is referrals etc, so I know I'm not splash and dash.

I also know that I'm by no means the fastest. Some on here would knock spots off me.

Point is that 10 minutes for a 4 bedroom detached is easily achievable and doesn't mean that quality is lacking.

[media]

[/media]

rafawindowcleaning

Wow that is some speed i have to admit. I think I rinse a bit too much that is where i am going wrong. Also it looks like all the windows in the above example are hydrophillic which helps but still quite impressive

Smurf

The difference is jonathan knows what he is doing and is skilled at his job all be it having to use vision as makes his job easier to do.

great video nice action....I have tried to make one myself and will do soon to give you all a laugh...

and hauled the trolley up to do some roof walking so didnt put too much water in and yep it was one two foot window short of water....grrrr..

its actually easier to just try and lassoo things in advance ..on that roof walk I managed to catch a garden bench down below....I was NOT amused...

and ...yep ...I DID NOTICE....it was the nice glass...:whistle:

Duncs

ideal house though no letter boxs to do i,m up north too

i,d be well pleased with£10 for that

two guys 15 mins

jonathan i do more rinsing

Jonathan Sanderson

and ...yep ...I DID NOTICE....it was the nice glass...:whistle: in your vid...

yeh plenty like that at a tenner around me too..

Haha cheapy. Your comments always give me a chuckle.

Believe it or not the glass is actually hydrophobic. I do use the vision in my water, and that Along with the fact that I use a high flow rate helps me clean this type of glass just as fast.

3 mill (wider ) pencil jets with my flow controller set at 085 which gives me just under 3 litres per minute at the brush head.

Duncs

just picked up house today about the size what jonathan has shown with letter boxs the last window cleaner charged £4

i nearly fell over

the guy ex fireman doylum

she had trad guy price £10

mine WFP £12

she took me on becourse i would do skylights only one

and would,int need to climb on her roof

what chances have you got when guys are cleaning for £4

i think doing it trad on your own 30 mins

Jonathan Sanderson

One of the major factors in me being able to work quick is flow rate.

I can't stress it enough.

If you want to increase your speed then increase your flow.

I see some guys working with a trickle and it takes them 3 or 4 times longer to rinse.

In the video when I rinse water is flooding every inch of the glass, it just happens in a few seconds because I use a good flow rate.

Duncs

your flow is high there mate

Duncs

so your using vision all the time

Jonathan Sanderson

Letter boxes are a pain @Duncs

They do slow me down a bit. Have to go along the top opener first on each side if the house, then back to the lower panel.

Jonathan Sanderson
so your using vision all the time

Yes mate.

Duncs
One of the major factors in me being able to work quick is flow rate.

I can't stress it enough.

If you want to increase your speed then increase your flow.

I see some guys working with a trickle and it takes them 3 or 4 times longer to rinse.

In the video when I rinse water is flooding every inch of the glass, it just happens in a few seconds because I use a good flow rate.

gd point mate

Duncs

must give it go

if it is as gd as folk are saying

my mate will just have to stop drinking the water out of the tank

Duncs
Letter boxes are a pain @Duncs

They do slow me down a bit. Have to go along the top opener first on each side if the house, then back to the lower panel.

yeh same here

cheapncheerful

ta for that info jonathan I have just the house from hell to try that on...

ltd water on a backpack doesnt help...:D

Duncs

mind cheap using backpack makes you work quick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.