Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adamangler

Lost a Custie to VISON!

tiktik

dont be too worried about those companies that try to take over the world ive seen it alot they usually pack up like they came in a flash.

my mate had a steady round for years and then these new kids came and started making a big scene, one day they even came over to him saying sell us your round or loose all your customers to us cos we are the next best thing!!! well sure enough 3 months down they just dissapeard.

cheapncheerful

yep duncs really really annoying though when its caught as I have no tap and I hate wasting my water...

yeh you have to fly its true..:D

Smurf

That's the main reason why I think a backpack or trolley is a total waste of time for everyday use.

Haha cheapy. Your comments always give me a chuckle.

Believe it or not the glass is actually hydrophobic. I do use the vision in my water, and that Along with the fact that I use a high flow rate helps me clean this type of glass just as fast.

3 mill (wider ) pencil jets with my flow controller set at 085 which gives me just under 3 litres per minute at the brush head.

cheapncheerful

your right but....im still hybrid so I alternate according to mood....and er...glass likeability.

all trad tomorrow for a change...:D

probably regret not having it in the car when I get there and it starts raining...:D

Duncs
yep duncs really really annoying though when its caught as I have no tap and I hate wasting my water...

yeh you have to fly its true..:D

get tap on top of pole makes all the difference cheap

Duncs
dont be too worried about those companies that try to take over the world ive seen it alot they usually pack up like they came in a flash.

my mate had a steady round for years and then these new kids came and started making a big scene, one day they even came over to him saying sell us your round or loose all your customers to us cos we are the next best thing!!! well sure enough 3 months down they just dissapeard.

bellends eh

tiktik

i once put dishwasher polisher liquid in my bucket to squeegee a shop and it made a cool shiny effect

Poles Apart

It would take me 15 mins at least to do that job on the video but I am more thorough I'm not criticising as he may have forgot but the middle top window wasn't rinsed, I work only with back packs as I have tried all, Trolley, van mount and b/pack and find back pack quicker given all the pros and cons, currently I am emptying 25 litre containers into 2 backpacks but going to get a tank fitted with a bilge pump to fill backpacks that will reduce the need to lift and empty heavy containers. I have a technique that works well, I have the backpack set on full flow but use a pole tap I brush the frames and glass on a low or medium flow then rinse on full it's the rinsing that's 75% of the job.

Guybrush

Thanks for the video Jonathan. You make that look so easy and effortless.

Keir999

You missed the front of the house jonathan !

peter rogers

at end of the dy if a customer chooses to go with someone else its there decision

if like me u do a great job are on time chat to them when u see them and be polite u shudnt lose customers

if u do its not ur fault its there fault

Tuffers
It would take me 15 mins at least to do that job on the video but I am more thorough I'm not criticising as he may have forgot but the middle top window wasn't rinsed, I work only with back packs as I have tried all, Trolley, van mount and b/pack and find back pack quicker given all the pros and cons, currently I am emptying 25 litre containers into 2 backpacks but going to get a tank fitted with a bilge pump to fill backpacks that will reduce the need to lift and empty heavy containers. I have a technique that works well, I have the backpack set on full flow but use a pole tap I brush the frames and glass on a low or medium flow then rinse on full it's the rinsing that's 75% of the job.

I noticed he didn't rinse the glass over the conny too. Maybe he will say he rinsed on the glass for that one?

Poles Apart
I noticed he didn't rinse the glass over the conny too. Maybe he will say he rinsed on the glass for that one?

Yep was on about the one over the conny, my lady is the best window cleaner in the world and noticed it first. The problem with this video as well is it's "ideal world" work, no cars in the way or snagging no clutter in the garden or cr*p and no houses to go through or gulleys, some of my work takes 10 minutes to access. Also earning ten pound for that doesn't mean he's earning £60 an hour, he may have to drive to the next job and set up or any manner of things that mean your not continually window cleaning it's not as simple as that.

peter rogers

theres plant pots an that to get snagged on etc

also we all have houses in rows i myself have one street all 10 pound ones 13 houses i get done in 2 half hours

then theres other ones i do and its one here one there jobs

all this about making xx per hour is upto who u are were ur jobs are and how tight they are togther

also i think he done a perfect jobbie on the back windows

wouldnt be as fast if

it were first clean

if the pigeons were playing target practice out back

etc etc

Natty1972

Back to your thread , I personally think your have been undercut . Whether you use vision or not .....but changing just for the shine mmmmmmmmm

Vision is good for rinsing .....I used it for three months .. Had issues with the storage of it ... The inducer way looks a very good way of using it , I would have no storage issues then . Mmmmmm

adamangler

Good video Johnathan, im much more thorough than that, i scrub the frames properly then rinse them, then do the glass, you seem to only go over the frames briefly and do not rinse them as such, the glass you rinse really quick, i tend to rinse slower letting the water fall in front of the brush head, you seem to have rinsed to the bottom and the water is still sheeting as you move the brush away, maybe its the higher flow rate or im too thorough, i will have to have a play on my own windows.

As for the original point of this thread, i was not undercut they quoted the same price, they had just managed to convince the custie they are shinier with the additive and the customer seemed to agree, anyway i got my own back yesterday by ringing them for a free clean, there coming next monday lol. After theyve been ill ring them and tell them there was a problem with the additives they use giving a dull finish.

Natty1972

Js video is spot on bud . About the shine , my experience ,the windows shine aswell without vision ...its in your head like I said vision is great for rinsing like js is doing on his video

Danfire

Glad I don't have the likes of Jonathan for competition, I would be out of business. Think I need to up my game.

Smurf

I also think the shine thing is in people’s minds as all glass shines in the right light. As mentioned before you can look close at what appears to be very shinny glass but it can be filthy too. :rolleyes:

peter rogers

@adamangler its not about being thorough as when u do the same house for couple years every 4 weeks that is how quick it is as there isnt dirt on the frames

just needs a quick wipe and unless there is real bird muck etc u rinse fast with knowing it will be perfect clean

u shud try it on a house u have done about 6 times when the windows are maintained well and on time they wont be as bad his method is same as mine spot on

Poles Apart
Back to your thread , I personally think your have been undercut . Whether you use vision or not .....but changing just for the shine mmmmmmmmm

Vision is good for rinsing .....I used it for three months .. Had issues with the storage of it ... The inducer way looks a very good way of using it , I would have no storage issues then . Mmmmmm

Storage issues?

Jonathan Sanderson
Yep was on about the one over the conny, my lady is the best window cleaner in the world and noticed it first. The problem with this video as well is it's "ideal world" work, no cars in the way or snagging no clutter in the garden or cr*p and no houses to go through or gulleys, some of my work takes 10 minutes to access. Also earning ten pound for that doesn't mean he's earning £60 an hour, he may have to drive to the next job and set up or any manner of things that mean your not continually window cleaning it's not as simple as that.

@Poles Apart @Tuffers

The window directly above the Conny is a bathroom frosted window.

For all frosted glass I only rinse on the glass. Anything else is a waste of time and water. :)

Jonathan Sanderson
@adamangler its not about being thorough as when u do the same house for couple years every 4 weeks that is how quick it is as there isnt dirt on the frames

just needs a quick wipe and unless there is real bird muck etc u rinse fast with knowing it will be perfect clean

u shud try it on a house u have done about 6 times when the windows are maintained well and on time they wont be as bad his method is same as mine spot on

Spot on mate. It's all about learning your limits and what you do and don't need to do.

I could have easily spent 2 or 3 times as longer on this property but the results would be no better.

High flow rate on a maintenance clean means one pass with the brush on the frames is sufficient to take off the small layer of dust that Is on the frames.

Guybrush

How important would you consider Vision Jonathan?

I've been waiting for a good water fed pole video and that was the one.

Jonathan Sanderson
How important would you consider Vision Jonathan?

I've been waiting for a good water fed pole video and that was the one.

I don't want to seem biased as I'm involved with jigsaw innovations and the sale of vision etc. But personally I was using it for well over a year before we even thought about selling it, and at that time I used it because i felt the benefits were fasting rinsing, better cleaning power on things like bird muck and snail trails, and a better shine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.