Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which van??

Squeegee1

Hi guys I'm looking at going over to the dark side.

Looking at getting a 400-500l tank with all the other wfp equiptment, my question is which van would you recommend?.what is your van of choice and what are the positives and negatives of said van.

Many thanks Steve

Citroen Dispatch, Peugeot Expert or the Fiat version. Two side loading doors, 3 front seats and they carry about a tonne. Buy one with a bulkhead fitted.

Citroen Dispatch, Peugeot Expert or the Fiat version. Two side loading doors, 3 front seats and they carry about a tonne. Buy one with a bulkhead fitted.
Agree with above but go for the 2.0 hdi verdion

Yes mate if there is a 1.6 version for the right price just make sure it has been very well serviced there is a issue with the turbo feed pipe on these causing oil starvation to the turbo

That being said I ran one for 2 year with no issues as the first thing I did was to the gauze filter out of the feed pipe

Vauxhall Vivaro or Renault Trafic ......the new ones /emoticons/wink.png .......and just to reiterate the bulkhead at the front. Good luck!

Vauxhall Vivaro or Renault Trafic ......the new ones /emoticons/wink.png .......and just to reiterate the bulkhead at the front. Good luck!
Yes def the new ones unless you like spending all your wages on repairs

Toyota hiace, 5 years running with a service every year and it's still bullet proof.

Same engine in the hilux that top gear tried to destroy ;-)

Toyota hiace, 5 years running with a service every year and it's still bullet proof.Same engine in the hilux that top gear tried to destroy ;-)
Good vans actually looked at one to buy sell ova day in gleaming red with only 40thou on and 12 year old!people tend tho to be put off by the slightly dated looks

Silly really

Il help!

Transits-good reliability but rot boxes and suspension issues

Vivaro traffic etc- new ones ok,old ones chocolate gearbox dodgy slave cyclinder and injectors go may as well get new engine!

Hiace-bombproof never rust,little dated

Berlingo,partner etc reliable spec in 2.0 hdi or 1.9 diesel

Vito-avoid avoid avoid

Transporter-lovely van mega momey

Yes @Eviestevie It was white before.
Thought so

Def in good nick sp

One thing about the older vans cheap parts penny's to repair,seems it's the more modern engines these days in vans going wrong

To many manufacturers goin for mpg out of the little engines with turbos etc recipe for disaster

i,ve got the vito had it year past march

big miles on it going well carrying ton of water also

what van would you recommend to carry this weight

New transit custom great looking van LWB fits loads of equipment and its a nice van to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back