Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Conny Job Booked In Advice Please?

paul1

Hi

got my first average size conservatory wash job booked in, can anyone offer help and advice on best way to tackle them, tips, techniques etc etc also I assume work from top to bottom?

and do you just scrub and rinse down with pure mainly?

is it safe to spray ubik on any part of a conny ?

any other help, advice, tips appreciated

cheers again

View attachment 4576 Just literally got home from doing one, I pressure them now, and then brush them with pure and rinse after... Never bother with chemicals, I like to keep things simple and scrub and rinse, but if possible i pressure wash to steer with to get the worst off, it also gets the whites looking great..

Of course don't pressure wash if they get leaks, or it's an old conservatory, I just discuss options with the customer first..

View attachment 4575

Hi
got my first average size conservatory wash job booked in, can anyone offer help and advice on best way to tackle them, tips, techniques etc etc also I assume work from top to bottom?

and do you just scrub and rinse down with pure mainly?

is it safe to spray ubik on any part of a conny ?

any other help, advice, tips appreciated

cheers again
Glass or polycarb roof?

View attachment 6866 Just literally got home from doing one, I pressure them now, and then brush them with pure and rinse after... Never bother with chemicals, I like to keep things simple and scrub and rinse, but if possible i pressure wash to steer with to get the worst off, it also gets the whites looking great..
Of course don't pressure wash if they get leaks, or it's an old conservatory, I just discuss options with the customer first..

View attachment 6865
Thats does look good Jake. I just use an old brush, the tried and tested method. Have you had any problems with many leaks etc. the white looks great.

Never had a leak yet, but I always tell the custy that it is a possibility, and at the first sign of one I would stop... I use low pressure and don't fire it up into the sills and seals...

I always ask there permission to use the pressure washer - it just seems to do the best job!

And I'm lazy and wanna get them done quick :cool:

F*** seals by pressure washing most conservatories, if they don't leak they soon will do if you blast the **** out of them! Can also put light scratching and haze effects on Upvc. Soft wash is the best method and far more customer friendly in my experience.

F*** seals by pressure washing most conservatories, if they don't leak they soon will do if you blast the **** out of them! Can also put light scratching and haze effects on Upvc. Soft wash is the best method and far more customer friendly in my experience.
Do you people not realise you can adjust the pressure on pressure washers? For the 100th time all you do is use low pressure! Maaaaannnnnn!!! Your about the 3rd person who's said that, I've done 7 conny roof jobs with a PW and never had a problem at all, just use LOW PRESSURE!!!!!!!

Used to do them with a pressure washer myself, did maybe 20? I don't know though, I just WFP them with pure, no need for pressure washer.

Used to do them with a pressure washer myself, did maybe 20? I don't know though, I just WFP them with pure, no need for pressure washer.
Sometimes wfp them, but if there really bad then I've found the pressure washer makes light work of them, also I find the pressure washer amazing for the crown bits at the top or any decoration bits, where the brush can't get in to...

I have a 8 meter pressure washing pole I can use, and have used, have a brush attachment for it as well, I just find WFP does it just as well in the same time without having to mess about with a pressure washer.

I would say whatever methods you use is down to the individual so it don't really matter as long as the customer is kept happy. However I will have to add only really naughty boy's go walk around on a conservatory roof.

Now go and sit on the naughty step @Jake /emoticons/biggrin.png

Can't be bothered to upload pictures and link them, but this should link to a facebook post of a connie I did last week, no chemicals, just WFP.

Can't be bothered to upload pictures and link them, but this should link to a facebook post of a connie I did last week, no chemicals, just WFP.

Just clicked that link. Some right posh sounding people liked your photos Dirnach. Amanda Beaumont for example. Is she the horsey type?

Just clicked that link. Some right posh sounding people liked your photos Dirnach. Amanda Beaumont for example. Is she the horsey type?
lol no mate, she is actually one of the girls that looks after my daughter at Nursery.

I went to have a look at a job today and said straight up I did not really want to do it as was so awkward to do so was xxx amount if they want it done thinking they would say no. FFS they said yes so you can't win /emoticons/sad.png

I'll stick to the PW where necessary,as said I stil use wfp for them, but find the PW unmatched for certain roofs

I'll stick to the PW where necessary,as said I stil use wfp for them, but find the PW unmatched for certain roofs
I quoted a conny roof yesterday. As I looked at it I thought someone had had a go at it and failed. I asked the woman if anyone had tried cleaning it. Yes she said, my son took a pressure washer to it and he also soaked inside as well :confused:

I too recenty had a go a doing a conservatory roof and sort of failed as frank put a big ******* hole in one of the panels /emoticons/biggrin.png

I quoted a conny roof yesterday. As I looked at it I thought someone had had a go at it and failed. I asked the woman if anyone had tried cleaning it. Yes she said, my son took a pressure washer to it and he also soaked inside as well :confused:

Latest Posts

Back