Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank contaminated help?

Vinny vin

Sparkles
hi guys recently got rid of my ro membrane as was taking to long to fill my tank up. I'm now running my system off twin di vessels bought a month ago my tds was 000 perfect. I checked the other day to see if it had changed much but had a shock. The water going in is 008 then wen it goes through but the water in my tank is 081tds. So I'm guessing my tank is contaminated any advice as it's clearly not the resin ?

My van had got broken into recently tho so I'm not sure if someone was ******* about with my tank? I've tried draining the water out but there's always a bit of water you can never drain out. What should I do?

Maybe the problem water came from the RO and you still have some of it in your tank before you went twin DI? I'd empty the tank fully and fill it with 100L via the DI's and do a tank test.

Just stick the twin di's after the wfp pump and don't worry about it. Check your di output regular though as depending what your tap water is and the size of the di tanks you are using the resin may not last very long.

The water that comes out at the second vessel it's not too bad but it was perfect 000tds a few weeks ago I live in a soft water area and my tds out my normal tap is only 22/34 tds. So don't no why the water sitting in my tank is so high all of a sudden . I've tried draining it out as much as it will splutter out but there's always water at the bottom I can't drain out? Is there a way of cleaning the tank to make it sterile like using bleach or would that make it worse?

Is your tank bolted down?

Might be worth taking it out to empty it fully and see if someone has stuck something in it.

Not bolted down there is a o-ring but that's been floating at the bottom since I bough it have noticed a male adapter in there to but wouldn't think that would cause it?

Would be interested to know if you have any idea who broke into your van. Have you had any bother with other window cleaners lately?

All sounds a bit suss to me.

I had a lad work for me but went sour wen I got rid of him think he may of tampered with it to be fair the more I think about it just didn't no if there was a tank cleaner out there?

I had a lad work for me but went sour wen I got rid of him think he may of tampered with it to be fair the more I think about it just didn't no if there was a tank cleaner out there?
Any iffy smells from the tank?

Not really noticed it to be fair I guess I'm going to have to strip it down and try and completely drain it out. What would happen if put bleach in there and a hose pipe to try and sterile the tank or would that make it worse?

dude u buy it in poundland 1 pound per bottle i put 2 bottles in every 2 weeks

fill the tank on sat night and drain

refill with pure

it is spotless then but one bad thing is ur van will smell like the swimming pool

that stuff is baby bottle cleaner everywhere sells it

Back