Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washing a roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eviestevie

/emoticons/smile.png:):)Bit of a dodgy one this as it's not sumat I'd usually commit to but a customer who is a multi millionaire widow:hehehe:has insisted on me do a full exterior clean roof,gutters fascias soffits drive way everything basically

I have done a roof once before and it did look amazing

Plan is to pretreat with algon few weeks prior to clean 2 or 3 applications!

Then low pressure clean top to bottom nice and slow!

What I want to no is I'm guna invest in a pressure washer extendable lance has any one any experience of these

Thanks

and you have to do it all in the buff....:rofl:

yeh dont know much about them big lances so I will read on...

I think smurfy said they are a bit hard to handle but I suppose that depends on the pressure.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I would have thought a multi millionaire widow would consider to replace the roof depeding on its age and condition. Would certanly be easier and look better than trying to clean it that's for sure :rolleyes:

Those telisopic pressure washer lance I think you are on about in my opinion are a total waste of time trying to use one for roof cleaning.

Just because she's loaded dosent mean she needs to buy a new roof that's a little extreme

I'll put it to her though!!

Excuse me duck your loaded so what I would do is not bother cleaning everything instead replace the roof,gutters fascias and soffits and driveway!O and your windows are dirty so replace them to!:rolleyes:

Yeah, don't bother with Jetmac. I have a Jetmac, the pressure washer is great but the customer service is pants. They sent the machine out with no instructions, and no oil (even though it was listed in the description). So I could have started it up without oil if I didnt check and burnt the thing out. My nozzle blew 2 of its washers about three weeks back so I sent a message to them asking if I could buy replacements and they didnt even bother to reply, sh*t really.

Are you on about an omni powerpole and/or something like a ptich witch they sell too?

This is a pitch witch

[media]

[/media]

I bought the same as below and found it to be total garbage. Reason being I found it to be very heavy even using the sling you have to buy extra, much too whippy fully extended and the clamps a rubbish too.

Apart from that it's great to look at in the rack of me van /emoticons/biggrin.png

Would these be awful to use extended under pressure

There is a 7.3m extending lance to which you can fit almost anything....

Smurf is absolutely right - I had one of those and it was relegated to the 'what the **** did I buy that for' bin very quickly. It really is a total waste of time, they have a mind of their own.

What roof covering is it? tiles or slates?

Is it just moss removal or lychen as well? Do you have a pic?

Personally, I wouldn't pressure wash a roof, it creates too much mess, potential damage and H&S issues. You might want to offer a scrape and brush service (if moss only) but it is slow/hard work and to be safe you need to work off a scaffold tower/roof ladder and make sure you are harnessed to something solid. It takes time but the results are pretty good. I do a couple a month like this and every client has been pleased with the results.

Smurf is absolutely right - I had one of those and it was relegated to the 'what the **** did I buy that for' bin very quickly. It really is a total waste of time, they have a mind of their own.What roof covering is it? tiles or slates?

Is it just moss removal or lychen as well? Do you have a pic?

Personally, I wouldn't pressure wash a roof, it creates too much mess, potential damage and H&S issues. You might want to offer a scrape and brush service (if moss only) but it is slow/hard work and to be safe you need to work off a scaffold tower/roof ladder and make sure you are harnessed to something solid. It takes time but the results are pretty good. I do a couple a month like this and every client has been pleased with the results.
Dot do you spray the roof with after you've swept it thanks

Nope, the inhibitors that I have seen only guarantee against moss returning for 12 months!!! and would add at least another £150 to the price of a typical detached house. Therefore, I don't do it.

Dot do you spray the roof with after you've swept it thanks

Back