Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting new customers

nearlyclean

Any Hints and Tips on getting new customers?

I had a few enquires from the sign writing on back of car.

Wearing a pouch with my scrims (Look like a window cleaner)LOL

I wear a T-shirt with window cleaner printed on

Internet is great,I advert on all free listings I come across

Ye I am trying everything I can. Really need to get this up and running full time to take over my main job. Hoping within 9 months as got a little one on the way! Spent all day yesterday posting leaflets. Think it might be a bit ambitious though. Called local radio and they said would be £10 each time add goes on air plus £ 150 to create add.

Really need some more custies.

As Bluemonkey says Knocking doors gets the best results and lead to getting more work in that road.

I get a steady flow of about 5-10 enquiries,3 of these may turn into long term customers,I don't canvass no more but in the early days I be out all the time,Buying some work can be a good way also,days work can result into a weeks work,it's all about getting a presences and noticed,customers are out there but some don't know where to look

Reaching your target audience can be hard and you do need to make sure as many folk in your catchment area know of you and when the time comes they need your service they can contact you,I will regularly leaflet drop the areas I work in,I will occasionally knock if I have spare time to let neighbours know I am about,but it still astounds me when I get a new customer and say they have been looking for ages and I have been working their road for years an canvass and leaflet drop,sometimes it is only when your right in front of them they will think wow I've found my new window cleaner

Customers that seek you out are the ones that stick with you,I use to find canvassing had a drop off rate of about 50% but you can quickly replace these while you're cleaning in the street.Pick up a couple more customers due to the sign on the rear of my car :D

I find knocking between 5:30 and 8 pm you find more people in and can get a better hit rate

I find knocking between 5:30 and 8 pm you find more people in and can get a better hit rate
This is the time when people are getting back to their homes after work. It is obvious that there are more people at home at this time :D And, yes, it is a good strategy :)
Getting new customers can be a bit of a numbers game the more leaflets you drop off and the more doors you knock and people you speak to you have more chance of finding someone who requires your services.Being Friendly to passer bys is good because they will think he/she is friendly and I like that person to provide me with their services instead of the miserably one that does it now.

I printed some envelopes - saying

Dear customer... I need more work...... please find enclosed some flyers - recommend a friend - £5 off their second clean, £5 off your next bill.

Popped in 5 flyers into each envelope - left them with all my jobs.

Got loads of work - surprisingly some took them to work, and started offering them round, one was put up in the church hall, one on a village noticeboard.

Customers like to feel they are helping too.

That is a brilliant idea and if each customer only get you one new customer that would double your work load

Now that right there is a great idea! Simple yet effective I will deffo be doing this soon.

What did you put on flyers? some sort of promo code for friends to quote?

No - kept it simple, and asked them who referred them. As soon as they told me I looked up customer phone number, called them to thank them & tell them that I have added £5 credit onto their account.

I have one £5 customer (old lady in a bungalow) - who hasn't paid to have her windows cleaned for the last 8 months - she just keeps on referring. One £5 customer has generated £87 worth of work per month.

I know she is probably a rare find - but this method has really worked for me.

Wow thats great so she gets free cleans and refers loads of work your way. I need to find me one of those customers!

I get a lot of referrals from paying customers I think most are please they are getting a good job and tells others,

Just been to my customer in the bungalow - guess what - another 3 referrals.

This time I got a £30 house, a £15 House and a £10 bungalow.

3 more free cleans for her!

Happy days

If you reasonable and price accordingly you get plenty of work,it when they think their not getting value for money.WFP I always sell the fact that the frames and sill are cleaned aswell as the window and always put garden furniture and bins back if in the way takes two minutes and goes a long way

Back