Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator not hitting the spot

armagh27

Is it me or does anyone else have problems with the rubber scuffing up quicker at the ends then your left with more detailing not so in pressed at the mo.

Slip and using it at the right angle away from the glass depending what handle you are using is the key... if you don't have a good slip on the glass and the right angle no matter what rubber you use in those channels you will struggle. Also you have to adjust your style as they don't like tight turns either due to the design of the end clips.

6 weeks and not changed my razr yet

To be fair i have been using mostly my wag for nearly 3 weeks though

The razr in that's not worn either

The moerman rubber that cones with the liquidator isn't built to last imo

I'm supprised moerman don't supply liquidators with good quaulity hard rubber instead of that soft rubber which to be honest is not that great.

The razr is silicone rubber instead of natural rubber which is why it performs differently.

I am surprised more companies haven't made any silicone rubbers

Depends how high

Unger poles are good but expensive for a long one

Harris poles are about 15 quid for 5 m but needs the end changing for an unger cone which isn't just a case of swapping them due to having identical diameters so needs a slightly thinner piece to join them with

Squeegee wise either a wagtail or 0° swiveloc

At least with a wagtail it is less messy and not swapping tools constantly

Cheers for all the input guys am going to try some hard rubber in it and see how we go might purchase some RAZR at the weekend and give it a shot too thx again

Me not getting on with the Liquidator, soft Moerman rubber or Razrblade rubber. The soft was dragging on the glass, the Razrblade seems to have nicks in it even before using it as lines were visible coming from the middle of the squeegee. I've gone back to my modded Unger channel with Unger hard rubber, much better!

I've started using my modded unger channel a lot more now. Seems so much better then the liquadator but I'm still percivering with it but for how long who knows.

@Tuffers you are obviously using the liquidator wrong then and/or not having enough slip as I think they are a brilliant bit of kit even with the soft rubber it comes with.

All of it @Tuffers except my modded unger has soft rubber in it. I get the lines as well but usually a thickish one but then the next window can be fine. That's with the razr red as well.

lines can be caused by a number of things be it it fine particules of dirt on the rubber, glass bow, incorrect angle of the channel, not enough slip or even lack of pressure used. Not to mention nicks in the rubber etc. You have to figure out yourself what is going on to then rectify the issue.

Back