Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

armagh27

Liquidator not hitting the spot

Smurf

I'm shite at golf too :D

I can get it 90% of the time but then I have a mad day like today where it was shite.

Reverted back to mod channel & perfect. It's like golf to me. 90% of the time I'm **** but then I hit some good shots & think I've got it then go **** again.

Smurf

That’s until his bits got mangled in the photocopy scanner arm I'm thinking. I've also never tried to pull my bare arse out of a sheet of broken glass before have you? :D

Guest boarcity

the moerman channel tips bed in after about a week of solid use . by solid i mean all day and every day use .in that first week you need to use a stronger hand than what you might expect,to avoid it skipping . then the tips lose there "schtick" and by losing it the acute tip angle is reduced . this means that theres less chance of the squeegee skipping on the glass

more im reading about folk moaning that the moermans not working for them,more im thinking theyre giving up inside the bed-in period . after bed in is complete you can use a very light hand to get good results .

another sign that bed in is complete is that the channel coating turns from a solid black to a grey-silver as it wears away with constant use . if you only use the squeegee occasionally the channel will stay solid black-

bed in wont ever happen with occasional use

wagmoer.jpg.4c2744dc12617208c2ecfc401d451c62.jpg

Smurf

Yep that what I was trying to say @boarcity as good woman is already broken in.

Unless it's like throwing a banana up Oxford Street then can be a wee bit disappointing :D

Dave B

I have used them fine since brand new with no "bedding in" as boarcity calls it

Unless i am doing something different i don't understand what is causing people problems

Guest boarcity

the first week i found i had to concentrate with it. lose concentration it skipped at bottom close out . i believe that was cos the tips were too stiff at the end

now afterr the bed in , i can be sloppy and it doesnt skip. the plastic tips flatten out a little and get supple with use

also the initial drag across window top you have to look closely everytime at top edge or else the pointed tips can dig into frame rubber causing stuttering

Dave B

Never had an issue but i do prefer the end clips on the prototypes

Bob did a vid about them and they are better on smaller channels and i think they bit less on frames with a gap

Hopefully they will take note and make 2 types of clip dependant on channel size

Guest boarcity
Never had an issue but i do prefer the end clips on the prototypes

Bob did a vid about them and they are better on smaller channels and i think they bit less on frames with a gap

Hopefully they will take note and make 2 types of clip dependant on channel size

describe how they differed ^

armagh27

Used the unger hard rubber in my liquidator today and slowed my action down and it worked a treat. Still think it will use rubbers far quick at the points though

windowsurfer

I just dont seem to be able to close out at bottom, get a soap trail on the inside of the curve of the tip, ive been using normal modded wagtail and gettin grips with that, like others the liquidator is proving to be a bit tricky, but will keep at it. My idea is that some people are not getting on with it, is purely down to the ergonomics of the hands, some guys have hand anatomy that suits it and some of us have "flat hand" (flat foot for window cleaners) no wonder H Man is always modding things, he is flat handed so has to build clever prosthetics to window clean:)

keefo

I was having problems this morning with it leaving faint wet trails in the middle of the squeegee. I was using the provided Moerman rubber but have just cut an Ettore soft rubber to suit and it's much better. I tend to have an action using these were I just slide it side to side without having big arches to cut down the water/soap. I have the the handle away from the window almost at 60° but I'm sure this is too much.

norm
That’s until his bits got mangled in the photocopy scanner arm I'm thinking. I've also never tried to pull my bare arse out of a sheet of broken glass before have you? :D

no if your careful like i am your good :thumbsup:

norm
Is it me or does anyone else have problems with the rubber scuffing up quicker at the ends then your left with more detailing not so in pressed at the mo.

does this make you angry?

we wouldn't like it when your angry

oh im :oldy:

keefo
I'll charge for lessons if anyone wants one lol

I'll fly you across Davey to check out my action[emoji23]

armagh27

At this moment in time I'm permanently green lol

armagh27
I'll fly you across Davey to check out my action[emoji23]

Where you working from keefo

keefo

Perth, oz mate. I'm a pom though. Where are you .......do you smash many windows!!!

kev
Used the unger hard rubber in my liquidator today and slowed my action down and it worked a treat. Still think it will use rubbers far quick at the points though

I gave up with the liquidator it slowed me down too much, was working myself with it but and still had to detail most windows, but when i had my guy back out and we were racing it slowed me down so it isn't really any use to me it is more of a gimic than anything. In the long run it isn't faster than a standard squeegee and the rubbers wear out too fast at the corners. I tried the morman soft which wasn't any good, the ettore wasn't too bad and black diamond rubbers but the new moerman boab gave a nick in the middle of the rubber so i just gave up with it in the end. I went through about 6 rubbers with it in a fortnight mainly due to nicks in the rubber with the ninja boab and moerman boab. The only thing i havn't tried with it yet is a razr rubber so i havn't 100% gave up on it but i've been back to using my unger classic and ergotec gear the last couple of weeks just to get some decent graft done without the mucking about with gear all day

armagh27
Perth, oz mate. I'm a pom though. Where are you .......do you smash many windows!!!

Northern Ireland mate but have a tonne of family in Rockingham out your way

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.