Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

armagh27

Liquidator not hitting the spot

Smurf

Trad tools are a very personal choice so no new tool like a liquidator is for everyone that's for sure.

I gave up with the liquidator it slowed me down too much, was working myself with it but and still had to detail most windows, but when i had my guy back out and we were racing it slowed me down so it isn't really any use to me it is more of a gimic than anything. In the long run it isn't faster than a standard squeegee and the rubbers wear out too fast at the corners. I tried the morman soft which wasn't any good, the ettore wasn't too bad and black diamond rubbers but the new moerman boab gave a nick in the middle of the rubber so i just gave up with it in the end. I went through about 6 rubbers with it in a fortnight mainly due to nicks in the rubber with the ninja boab and moerman boab. The only thing i havn't tried with it yet is a razr rubber so i havn't 100% gave up on it but i've been back to using my unger classic and ergotec gear the last couple of weeks just to get some decent graft done without the mucking about with gear all day

keefo
Northern Ireland mate but have a tonne of family in Rockingham out your way

My mums old school friend has lived in Rockingham for over 37 years .....waikiki

kev
Trad tools are a very personal choice so no new tool like a liquidator is for everyone that's for sure.

I'm all about

Yeah mate

kev
All of it @Tuffers except my modded unger has soft rubber in it. I get the lines as well but usually a thickish one but then the next window can be fine. That's with the razr red as well.

I was getting a thickish line too mate but i had it down to the moerman boab causing that on my rubber. Some boabs out there have a design fault especially the ninja boab. The unger classic is the best i've used in 20 years. Get no nicks whatsoever

keefo
I was getting a thickish line too mate but i had it down to the moerman boab causing that on my rubber. Some boabs out there have a design fault especially the ninja boab. The unger classic is the best i've used in 20 years. Get no nicks whatsoever

Interesting point, are the lines you talk about at the end or also in the middle of the rubber.

Jake

Never had any issues with the liquidator,

There is a way round it, wfp!:D

kev

They are in the middle right where the rubber hits the plastic on the boab i think. I didn't muck about having a good look at it to find out i just swapped over my gear because i was busy at the time and had to get work done and i just haven't looked at it since but it happened with both sides of the rubber and it was a big nick just like you described, not just your usual little one

kev
Never had any issues with the liquidator,

There is a way round it, wfp!:D[/Q

fs lol.

kev
fs lol.

It's good on certain windows but unfortunately all windows aren't the same

Jake

I still trad lots of my work, probably 30%, but haven't got any issues with the liquidator,

Although wfp would be my point of call these days, if I was getting lines, when you look from the inside at windows where you've left lines, it looks awful!

armagh27
My mums old school friend has lived in Rockingham for over 37 years .....waikiki

That's where my aunt uncle and cousins all love in waikiki about 5 mins walk from the beach ...it's a small world lol.

Guest boarcity

i find the pointed tip makes it dead easy to put into a boab slot. before i had a liquidator other squeegees often hit the lip of the boab slot instead of going in first time

keefo

Lines all over this morning soapy ones at the end and water lines in the middle, tried 3 different rubbers and angle of handle. I did find it left less when going quick and slow instead of just doing it slow all round. When I've gone down the side then come back up and around I did this a bit quicker. The old quick & slow action[emoji6]

norm
I'll fly you across Davey to check out my action[emoji23]

eh i will carry his bags if ya want :thumbsup:

norm
Shouldn't that be carry his squeegee

:laugh: can do that too:thumbsup:

kev
Lines all over this morning soapy ones at the end and water lines in the middle, tried 3 different rubbers and angle of handle. I did find it left less when going quick and slow instead of just doing it slow all round. When I've gone down the side then come back up and around I did this a bit quicker. The old quick & slow action[emoji6]

I'm going to have a look at mine in the next few days and try and sort the problem once and for all. Personally i think it is the boab that is causing the lines on the rubber

Ant

Hi. I've been having serious line issues with the liquidator as well as the standard problems you get with it. It's why I've just joined the forum as it's great for help and advice. I don't want to entirely blame the tool as there's plenty who love it. I've tried various different rubbers and techniques but generally not getting great results. Am also getting faint watery lines from the middle of the Razor Red. I decided to go back to standard squeegee and was getting much better results but wanted to reduce the detailing, so thought I'd have a go at dogearing my channels (never done this b4) just bent the ends over a bit. Reduced the detailing but the damn lines made an appearance again. can lines be caused by dogearing? I also have a Ninja BOAB so.....

Blooming hate lines :gush:

kev
Hi. I've been having serious line issues with the liquidator as well as the standard problems you get with it. It's why I've just joined the forum as it's great for help and advice. I don't want to entirely blame the tool as there's plenty who love it. I've tried various different rubbers and techniques but generally not getting great results. Am also getting faint watery lines from the middle of the Razor Red. I decided to go back to standard squeegee and was getting much better results but wanted to reduce the detailing, so thought I'd have a go at dogearing my channels (never done this b4) just bent the ends over a bit. Reduced the detailing but the damn lines made an appearance again. can lines be caused by dogearing? I also have a Ninja BOAB so.....

Blooming hate lines :gush:

Are the lines in the middle or the end of the rubber?

Ant
Are the lines in the middle or the end of the rubber?

Hi. They are mainly soapy trail lines off the ends but I do get watery lines from middle of the Razor rubber. The lines in the middle could be caused by my boab as I've noticed my rubber's a bit kinky....!

kev

I've noticed the ends have got to be cut perfect and if not they will leave lines. Try getting a puncture outfit and glueing a patch inside your boab where the rubber hits the plastic. Notice where the rubber hits the plastic and if that's where the lines are on your rubber you will know what is causing it

Smurf

Kinky rubber will not help as the edge of the rubber needs to be sharp, straight and clean without any damage to it. Maybe try dipping the rubber in hot water to see if it will go back into shape. If not then you could keep all used old rubber and reuse it in an old cut down small channel as a frame and sill squeegee instead to get rid of excess water before using a sill cloth.

Ant

Thanks Kev. I think you're right about the ends having to be dead straight, mine are not as I struggle to get them bang on! Will work on that. I have glued a piece of squeegee rubber over the divider of my boab but I think it's too fat, causing the rubber to bend over which creates a kink so I think your puncture repair patch idea is better. Nice one. I'll let you know how I get on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.