Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much is making pure costing you?

Jake

Let's say per month,

Filter changes,

Resin,

Water bill,

Etc,

What do you reckon your paying...

My back!! I live up 4 flights of stairs with no lift, so carry 9 25 litre drums 2 at a time down the stairs :mad:

Money wise no that much, water included in rent and not massive yet so just resin which is about £18 per month :thumbsup:

Wow, I'm starting to buy water from a local window cleansing shop, it's working out cheaper, that's why I wanted to ask...

About £200 a year tops for me. I use about 2500 litres per week.

I'm in Scotland though and have a tap TDS of 050.

I also have a ro system which produces 001 means I change DI resin.... Well never yet in 2 years.

No water meter either, and change pre filters every 4-6 months.

Actually probably less than £200 a year the more I think of it.

Oh my word Jonny, you are a lucky lucky bugger, no wonder you spend all your dough on poles!

My tap tds is 480-520 ppm!

Filters need changing monthly,

RO changed yearly or 18 months ish,

Resin - varies but usually 8-10 weeks.

Plus water bill I'm looking at £100-£150 a month

I can buy pure water for 3p a litre, and have been now for a few weeks, it's working out about half as cheap, and no hassle! No faffing with filters, no turning on water blah blah blah,

Much better to buy it for me seems...

Must admit that i don't actually know......but i would like to sit down and work it all out as described in previous posts.

I got an Ionic magazine today - check out how much the bottom one costs - then upgrade to Thermopure - then plus VAT..........now that's a lot of frickin money before even putting any water in it!

View attachment 4724

Yep I got the same catalogue through, was thinking the same thing, RIDICULOUS amount of money!

Threw mine sttaihjt in the bin..

sounds good jake...:Dbuying it done...

of course to use water you have to work and as cnc is anti work he dont use that much water...so cost once bought the ro is naff all..just pre filters....and a bag of resin last cheapie for ever...

poor hunty....I moan about taking my four 25 l and backpack about twenty five feet to the car...wont moan any more after hearing what you do...legend..

are you sure you cant trail a bloody long hose downstairs..just joking..:rofl:

What we gonna do with you cheap, your becoming more of a couch potato by the day!/emoticons/biggrin.png

Oh my word Jonny, you are a lucky lucky bugger, no wonder you spend all your dough on poles!
My tap tds is 480-520 ppm!

Filters need changing monthly,

RO changed yearly or 18 months ish,

Resin - varies but usually 8-10 weeks.

Plus water bill I'm looking at £100-£150 a month

I can buy pure water for 3p a litre, and have been now for a few weeks, it's working out about half as cheap, and no hassle! No faffing with filters, no turning on water blah blah blah,

Much better to buy it for me seems...
So how much is it costing to fill up whatever size tank you got?

I'm terrible at maths.....but 3p a litre sounds like quite a lot?

What we gonna do with you cheap, your becoming more of a couch potato by the day!/emoticons/biggrin.png
I have to say though....

I was exactly the same in my teens.../emoticons/biggrin.png

its just...IM not mains like you lot...but a battery and I need two days to recharge....as I watch my grand prix...

but it does keep cheapie fit getting out of his chair every one hour fifteen to switch the barrels over.../emoticons/biggrin.png

wife likes it cause I may as well brew up seeing as Im up...

3p a litre, works out at £15 for 500 litres, I use about 1500 litres a month, so that's still way way cheaper than doing it myself...not to mention the time it saves...

Cos I still trad a lot, I don't use that much water really...

Plus I use a one shot remote so click on/off water between windows blah blah, so that saves me loads

I have to say though....
I was exactly the same in my teens.../emoticons/biggrin.png

its just...IM not mains like you lot...but a battery and I need two days to recharge....as I watch my grand prix...
Yea f1 this weekend cheap! Love it!!

Latest Posts

Back