Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Day Cheques end

nearlyclean

The Banks Keep saying they are going to stop issuing cheques due to cost and outdated easy to forge or copy.

At one time I use to knock in the evenings to collect cash on those that were'nt in during the day.Then I started leaving envelopes and post a cheque.

Over the last year I have made efforts to convert these to Direct debit and now about 65% of payments are done direct through the bank.

When I leave the bill with the envelope I simply add the text "Prefer to pay by bank transfer,ring me on 07########## or Email for details" still get some who will forever pay by cheque but the majority will prefer this method it makes them feel that they have secured you to clean their windows and your not a fly by ***ht....I say better than any contract that you can write up and sign!

I thought that the cheques will continue to be issued, but not cheque guarantee cards - am I wrong?

If so - it will be a pain getting money from commercial jobs which pay invoices for hundreds of pounds.

I suppose BACS would be the other option for them.

I think BACs is the way to go,many offices are cashless businesses and do most payments online,should be easier than writing a cheque and posting.

Back