Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My video about the 'one shot' remote for those that wanted to get one

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jake

[media]

[/media]
Here's a quick vid cos I can't be bothered to keep typing about it,

Basically it's the dogs nuts.

Stop faffing with taps and kinking and get one./emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it works round the side of whole office blocks, white amazing really, I guess it just depends on the thickness of walls and also if there are windows in the building.

I can honestly say mate that I've never had it not work,

I love it lol

Sometimes you need to hold it in the air and press it longer to get it to 'talk' to the remote, but it's no issue, that's only when your miles away and right round the back of a massive office block,

Houses, no problem round the back at all

Cheers Jake you are a legend! Putting in an order for one now. Nice van set up mate, very neatly done, very professional looking and great having your logos everywhere too! You even have a branded neck hanger, nice touch.

Whenever you get a chance could you try it with the doors shut to see if it still works? That would be awesome.. /emoticons/biggrin.png Also is your on/off switch just a normal light switch? I just turn mine on and off on the controller, whats the use for the switch, do I need one to wire in the remote?

Thanks for all the help Jake, much appreciated!

Cheers mate,

No you won't need a switch, I've just got one so everything is off rather than standby..!

Yeah it does work with doors closed but only when your relatively close, but i always have doors open so it's never been an issue, don't see why you couldn't pull it through the gap in the back doors and leave it on the roof of your van when your working though /emoticons/wink.png

Ta cheap :thumbsup:

The funny thing is, no one cares other than fellow window cleaners lol,

But it's amazing what a difference a tidy van can do for the eye! And a lock of paint!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh why o why do they always want to fecking chat just as your getting into the swing of it..

had one the other day she wasnt in money left car pulled on the drive and off I go...

another neighbour whom I do clean spotted me....and me with limited water and no tap...

I did the tuffers pinch but eventually the pump on the back pack wasnt happy so I went back and switched it off but chat a lot was in full stride....

well to be fair...I had got away with it when I did his windows as he was busy ...some you win some you lose.

it would be great if you could have a remote that works like in that film ...ON PEOPLE...:rofl:

Thats a great idea Jake, Thanks! I'll just glue a flat fridge magnet to the back of the ariel and slap it on the door or roof when working. Problem solved /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thats a great idea Jake, Thanks! I'll just glue a flat fridge magnet to the back of the ariel and slap it on the door or roof when working. Problem solved /emoticons/biggrin.png
Great idea! The cable is thin (I just used some trunking over it) so it will fit Inbetween the door easily!

How long is the wire.. I could wind it around the hose and attach the ariel to the bottom of my pole then I'd never be out of range /emoticons/wink.png Ok I'm just being silly now! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I see gardiners have a 3 button remote for sale too, shame you can't buy that seperately as I do play around with my pump speed a fair bit depending on height and window type and can see that would be useful, but I'm usually around the 30 mark, which I thought was high until recently seeing you lot on here easily use double that speed... But I guess now with the one-stop I won't need to worry about my water so much - I only carry 200 litres. Can't wait to get it and fit it now :thumbsup:

Duncs its £50 on gardiners.

Jake, whats that blue thing on your battery that looks like a filter on its side?

Duncs its £50 on gardiners.
Jake, whats that blue thing on your battery that looks like a filter on its side?
Oh that's just my bucket on a belt, it fits neatly over the hose connection so I leave it there rather than in my trad bucket so it's kept dry /emoticons/wink.png

Back