Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ankalad - uneven ground

Taxlossloz

Got some slopes to work on today ( gutter cleaning) got levellers but does Stabiliser still work ? Do struts adjust independently and still connect ( all the pics are of nice flat even surfaces- which don't really need stabiliser anyway) ?

Mate you don't need one, just use a normal ladder, if it's grass then dig the feet in a bit and away you go... Don't worry about it, just be careful

Mate you don't need one, just use a normal ladder, if it's grass then dig the feet in a bit and away you go... Don't worry about it, just be careful
I got 2x12 with spikes but for 3x14 fancied making it rock solid - which it is . Just wondering how to set it up on a slope.. Smurf?

Just stick laddermats under the end to raise it

Laddermats can slip when damp as boarcity found out the hard way

But the ankalad won't let it slip

You can do the legs individually so not a problem

That's how i do it

So would you be resting the ladder on the gutter also ?

Could use planks to help level it, I've used ladderm8s, a spike board, under one leg to level it and it worked nicely. (Only a mild slope though)

Sorry I missed your post…How did you get on?

As @daveyboy1 has already mentioned they do work up to a point depending how bad the ground slopes away be it sideways, backwards, forwards or a combination so you need to screw you loaf if the ladder set is safe or not. There is only a certain amount of adjustment you can make and other factors like obstacles being in the way too.

Got some slopes to work on today ( gutter cleaning) got levellers but does Stabiliser still work ? Do struts adjust independently and still connect ( all the pics are of nice flat even surfaces- which don't really need stabiliser anyway) ?

If you can't do it with an ankalad and a set of ladder mats, then its probably best left to the gutter vac folk.

All that'll do is help to prevent slip out mate. When you are up at gutter height the forces on your ladder are magnified. So assuming the ladder digs in just another inch on one side it could make you slide six inches to the side at the top half... once you go, you GO. You only get one chance with gutter cleaning, and the margin for error is small.

and having gone for slides along the gutter recently....its not so much fun...

I was lucky I was only half way up ....

got to be careful out there for sure.../emoticons/biggrin.png

It's so easy to want to crack on and get a job done and dusted but it's also so easy to get hurt in doing so.

and having gone for slides along the gutter recently....its not so much fun...
I was lucky I was only half way up ....

got to be careful out there for sure.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I have to pop out in a min to go and do a bit. On one part of the property they are having issues with the downspot is overflowing. Right where I want to set my ladders they have built a pond less than a metre away from the wall of the house. Lets see if my mate frank goes for a swim today /emoticons/biggrin.png

The good news frank did not fall in the pond today.

The bad news he still come home covered in shite and wet as he forgot to take his pressure washing wet gear with him.

The good news though I did have some wellies in the van. Trouble was what being hot today I might as well have worn flip flops as me socks where ringing wet with sweat.

yep now that brings back memories of a very wet and dirty cnc in shorts...:rofl:
poor wifey when that lot went in the cupboard..

The good news though I did have some wellies in the van. Trouble was what being hot today I might as well have worn flip flops as me socks where ringing wet with sweat.
Bleedin wellies

You ain't helping the paddy stereotype are you mate /emoticons/biggrin.png

Want me to do yer droiveway

Could have done with that pond to push my ungrateful gutter vac customer today into. After being paid of course /emoticons/biggrin.png

Long story, but one of the hagglers... Stoney faced cow, came and watched every ten mins with an evil look, demanded extras not agreed to toward the end of the job.

Thankfully I think my Wfp has improved and I did it quick with no runs or anything. Larger detached, windows and gutter clear.

She paid up though, and as I'd applied an arsehole tax to begin with before negotiations, my hourly was still very decent.

Back