Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone using "Paypal here" mobile payment device?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil nowdownunder

Hi all,

Just seen the adverts on TV over here advertising "Paypal Here"

[media]

[/media]
Anyone using one of these for their business. I like the idea that you compell your customer to pay there and then on the spot. Would love to hear from anyone using one and what they think of it?

Thanks.

I've got one of those. Great for the "av'nt got any cash on me" brigade but must remember to keep it charged :oops:

Service charge is less than a regular paypal transaction aswell, bonus....

Seen these advertised all over the net and wondered how customers would take to it. As in trust it. Most of us these days are suspicious of where we put our cards..No dirty jokes needed lol.

If you were not aware of this thing for instance do you have many customers who are a bit wary of using it?

I just use PayPal Here app - no need to fork out on a reader.

Mainly use this for providing receipts - highly recommend it /emoticons/smile.png

Seen these advertised all over the net and wondered how customers would take to it. As in trust it. Most of us these days are suspicious of where we put our cards..No dirty jokes needed lol.If you were not aware of this thing for instance do you have many customers who are a bit wary of using it?
Thats part of the reason I chose Paypal over the others because its a name most people know...not had anyone directly say they didn't trust it but a few people have said things like "oh no I prefer to pay bills by bank transfere".

Its not the be all and end all but does give you another tool in the arsenal of ways to part people from their money.

Indeed and must make life easier for those "not got any cash today" people. If I were still cleaning I am sure I would be using one.

I used to use iZettle until received email saying that they were stopping me using it due to money laundering legislation!

Went out next day and got a Paypal Here.

MUCH better - custies recognise the name & trust Paypal.

Once a customer tries it - they use it every time.

Luke said about keeping it charged - you can check the device battery power on your phone/tablet to help.

Dave

I used to use iZettle until received email saying that they were stopping me using it due to money laundering legislation!Went out next day and got a Paypal Here.

MUCH better - custies recognise the name & trust Paypal.

Once a customer tries it - they use it every time.

Luke said about keeping it charged - you can check the device battery power on your phone/tablet to help.

Dave
Thats rights plus the lights on the pin display show you charge when you first switch it on.

The problem I had was if you don't turn it off properly (hold the power button for about half an hour) it stays on standby and runs out of juice in the glovebox!

Normally money laundering for me is when I forget to take the 5p piece out of my shorts before washing.

I think the big change was when we made the change from being self employed to become a limited company.

I assume they must be more vigorous in their checks.

When we changed the details on our iZettle account - had to provide some extra information - company number etc.

But we only took one transaction (£20) before they suspended the account. After they sent the email they refused to enter into any dialogue. Left me with a useless card reader and more importantly unable to take card payments until Paypal Here reader arrived.

why bother lol i just hand invoice with payment options

paypal they can use there card online

bacs online

cheque post it

cash leave it out

90% of the customers arent in as out working

Can imagine something like this (or similar) is essential! The 'haven't got any cash on me' customer must be a nightmare!

Late payment is still one of the biggest killers of small businesses, and I would imagine it's part of the reason some windies might struggle?

Yep, it stresses me out chasing people for money owed, I think a device like this will put the onus on them to just pay there and then. Well worth the A$100 I think.

I'd have been owed £58 from yesterday alone if I didn't have this! Use it constantly now. I tend to offer it as a last resort if they can't do cash/cheque due to the charges but its only around 3%.

The thing that still surprises me is those that claim to have no bank/credit card....really???

I'd have been owed £58 from yesterday alone if I didn't have this! Use it constantly now. I tend to offer it as a last resort if they can't do cash/cheque due to the charges but its only around 3%.The thing that still surprises me is those that claim to have no bank/credit card....really???
Incredible! What do you say to the folk who claim to have no cash or card?

Incredible! What do you say to the folk who claim to have no cash or card?
I keep my work close to home so its not too much trouble to come back another day if they don't pay via bank transfere/paypal...not much you can say short of calling them "full of s##t" just pre-warn them of the next clean and ask for payment up front.

Back