Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

newbie looking to start up

paul40

hello everyone. I am currently unemployed, I have been offered to buy a window cleaning run but theres only enough work for 2 or 3 days aweek. is it possible to work 16hrs aweek as window cleaner? until I get it built up to a full week.

is their anyone else who does the 16hrs a week?

hoping for advice

thanks

hello everyone. I am currently unemployed, I have been offered to buy a window cleaning run but theres only enough work for 2 or 3 days aweek. is it possible to work 16hrs aweek as window cleaner? until I get it built up to a full week.
is their anyone else who does the 16hrs a week?

hoping for advice

thanks
When you say ' is it possible to work 16 hrs ' what do you mean? It's fine to work whatever hours you want if your self employed

You will soon pick up work go for it - how much is round going for?

Lozz i think he means 16hrs or less and can still sign on

They take off what you earn off your jobseekers allowance etc

Although what you earn for 16 hrs on the glass should **** all over benefits and leave you plenty time to look for more customers

Could easily make around 300 quid for 16 hrs

Lozz i think he means 16hrs or less and can still sign onThey take off what you earn off your jobseekers allowance etc

Although what you earn for 16 hrs on the glass should **** all over benefits and leave you plenty time to look for more customers

Oh I see...

3 days a week is a great start for a round.You might even find it takes you twice as long if you're new to the game. That'll form a good base of your round and you can expand from there. The more you're out, the more folk you'll get stopping you in the street so its better then advertising and waiting for them to come to you.

yep great start go for it soon be too busy and dodging customers like me...

jammy today thought I will have to give this one a call been absolutely ages since I did it..but she has the drive dug up so I popped my card through to say as arnie said...Ill be back...

and anyway at the end of the day....if window cleaning isnt for you...what have you lost as you can still sell your business....even on here.....NO BRAINER.../emoticons/biggrin.png

and of course we are all here to help...but...you do have to keep us informed of your progress...dont be shy..

Lozz i think he means 16hrs or less and can still sign onThey take off what you earn off your jobseekers allowance etc

yes davy this is what I meant. its just a wee small run turns over 100 quid, im sure it will get larger. I know it small, I just wanna try and get it larger but

would like as hand with income until I get the run to this point.

thanks for replies

Just be crafty and build up but make sure on paper it doesn't earn too much..100 quid is less than a days work once up to speed so you will be able to spend time canvassing new work

Also if you do it for more than 3 months you will need to register with hmrc as self employed or if they find out they'll nail your balls to the wall and say you didn't declare you were self employed..look into it on their website as under 16hrs i am not sure if you need to

And good luck and get out there

Latest Posts

Back