Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Considering a conservatory ladder, alternatives?

Diwrnach

Having done, well lost count this year conservatories, considering getting some better ladders, so far just been using normal ladders, get high up a wall/on one side etc and scrub away.

But after doing a really big one today I could only get up one side of (it sloped in to the building at the back) it was really hard work and was thinking of getting maybe a ladder that is free standing (add ankalad or something similar) or using a connie ladder, but can you clean the far side of a connie roof with one? over the top of the final?

What other options are there for a large connie that slopes to the house at the back with poor access either end (and no, don't suggest to just climb on it, I am 21 stone, I aint climbing on a connie roof)

Why don't you use just a normal ladder and lean it against the conny? That's what we all do round here, been doing it years and years...

Saves faffing whith ankalad etc

Ok, don't quite know what you mean, you talking about a pentagon shaped conny?

I know what you mean @Diwrnach, yes you will be able to get right to the top of a conny and be able to reach over the other side. Conny ladders are very expensive to buy. Plus you have to store it. Plus they are bloody heavy. Plus you have to take it apart to move it to the next part of the roof that you want to work on, unless you are very strong! I ummed and ahhed about buying one and decided against it for now. I hired one from HSS for about £40 for one job I did.

reckon you could make a very useable and light connie ladder using a Abru 7 rung double I beam ladder as the basis . you would also need to cut a few short lengths of mild steel strip to use to lock the ladder at suitable angles

reckon you could make a very useable and light connie ladder using a Abru 7 rung triple as the basis . you would also need to cut a few short lengths of mild steel strip to use to lock the ladder at suitable angles
Making one myself is something I have been thinking about.

I know what you mean @Diwrnach, yes you will be able to get right to the top of a conny and be able to reach over the other side. Conny ladders are very expensive to buy. Plus you have to store it. Plus they are bloody heavy. Plus you have to take it apart to move it to the next part of the roof that you want to work on, unless you are very strong! I ummed and ahhed about buying one and decided against it for now. I hired one from HSS for about £40 for one job I did.
Yeah that is the one thing I was thinking about is keep having to set it up on each panel.

Ok, don't quite know what you mean, you talking about a pentagon shaped conny?
Looking at the conny it slopes up, then hits the apex, then it goes back down again the other side into the building.

Oh right ok, I suppose if you can't get a ladder to the side then that's gonna be an awkward one...

Never had one like that so far!

Have a friend with a engineering shop, so wouldn't be hard, though plates like that I could do myself, would need a cross bar to sit across the bars.

Certainly doable.

Back