Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Monthly or Weekly?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

I normally work in weeks. 4, 6 weekly or 12 weekly, but I have noticed that many of you are talking about monthly or 2 monthly visits.

Is there an advantage one way or the other?

Just interested.

4,6,8,12 and 16 for me. Only one is 16 weekly and about 6 are 12 weekly. About 10 are 6 weekly which is a bit of a pain.
I was doing this. Whatever they wanted. After a while it started to get complicated. I had George software and that wasn't working for me after I got behind. It felt like I was always chasing my tail. So I went to an excel spreadsheet which gives me better control.

I want simple so I have slipped everything into 6 or 12 weeks. I just wondered if going monthly, 2 monthly, 3 monthly etc would work better.

me got lots of dodgy custys so I dont want to see them so often....

I mean one has been that long since I have been that I m scared to call

so I would like to do what I usually do ...check the state of the windows whilst no one is in but...

always in....

so I will have to bite the bullet...talk ...yes he can talk...very nice ... but talk aint cheap it costs me money..

I do have a regular...twice a year bungalow..

but she did say you do such a lovely job..

and hey....its a bottle of wine at xmas...

and....of course I dont need ladders..

so some jobs work long term..

for me...it means I can effectivly have more work than I can really handle...but...

if the bills come in ....I can up my pace..

the trouble is at the mo....I keep saying oh yes two weeks and I will be straight

well honest really two weeks and I will be straight ...

and then I may go hunting out the lost and wounded amongst my tribe..

yes the one on the main road where I nearly got squashed by a juggernaught..

Im really too scared to go there ,

well you have to wait for the traffic lights to stop the traffic ...

and then step on the gas right up to the drive ...drop down to 10mph and see if my parking spot is free...

if it isnt....well theres no room anywhere to park...

and as for getting out..

yeh think I will leave that for now..

Last edited by a moderator:
Months vary so you won't get a solid schedule working that way. I work weekly but the only jobs I do monthly are a few commercial jobs on the first week of the month.

28 days and 56 days that way i know where i am, but new at it and not a full schedule of customers so not much trial and error on my part yet.

I started at monthly & bi monthly,got a couple of quartley, but now push the residential monthly, at a fair (good) price. Keeps it alot easier on the round management.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

so as I say my monthly is all done the first week of the month ...and of course thats when a load of other work comes in to get in the way...

been paid for cleaning some flats that I havent done yet so I have a lot of work next week..

technically speaking I allow my monthly the first week of the month so alright up to wednesday but will I make it...

oh well thats next weeks battle../emoticons/biggrin.png

I have one round only, except I have a few bigguns which are 2/3 monthly. I call it a monthly round but state it can be anywhere between 4-6 weeks. That way its very flexible for me so it doesn't interfere if I get a decent painting job or something else of that nature.

Monthly or bimonthly just works better for me. I have one that's every 4 months but I keep forgetting to do it so technically she doesn't really have a window cleaner.

28 days and 56 days that way i know where i am, but new at it and not a full schedule of customers so not much trial and error on my part yet.
you look hairier than me :eek:

4 weekly gives every customer an extra clean a year (13 as opposed to 12 if monthly)

I have 4 or 8 weekly, eventually i want to stick to 4 weekly as it means less custies, less custies = less to mess you about and chase up/admin etc, its just easier.

4 weekly gives you 1 extra clean a year over monthly plus with monthly some months are 4 weeks and some are 5 so one month you will be short on work or run off your **** the next

4 weekly is great as if you do want a week off for a holiday just shift the entire round down a week, dont bother chasing your ****. You can have 4 weeks holidays a year and still do 12 cleans if you prefer.

The only advantage of having say 8 weekly only is you could charge higher prices but you will need many more custies and more admin.

So I am starting to think about getting back into it one day not sure when but its got me thinking how I can manage it better this time round. 4 weekly sounds a good average but I know several of my old custies just were not up for 4 weekly.

What I am interested though is the bit about you saying shift the whole round down for a holiday. My question is if you shift everything down would they not be waiting 5 weeks then or is my maths shot. ??

So I am starting to think about getting back into it one day not sure when but its got me thinking how I can manage it better this time round. 4 weekly sounds a good average but I know several of my old custies just were not up for 4 weekly.
What I am interested though is the bit about you saying shift the whole round down for a holiday. My question is if you shift everything down would they not be waiting 5 weeks then or is my maths shot. ??
I'm literally in the same boat, the way I see it is that if Im having a weeks shut down that will mean that everyone will be a week late on their next clean, but the next clean after that one will be back within the agreed time frame?

Surely they would all be a week late unless you managed to do two weeks worth in a week when back.

The first week would have been due when you went away so when you get back the next week would be due which means you would need to do both weeks when back to be back on track. Unless I am not working this out right?

yes mate they would be a week late.

What i am saying is if you have monthly custies they will get 12 cleans a year

If you have 4 weekly custies they will get 13 cleans a year but in reality due to bank hols, christmas, sick day, rain, etc etc its unlikely they will get that

so what you can do is do them 4 weekly and if you fancy a holiday shift the round down a week, so yes they are a week late but by doing this you can have 4 weeks hols a year and still clean your custies 12x per year

Im a week behind right now with the weather and will prob get further behind as the forcast for this week looks ****, but no one seems to notice

what im saying is if im late for whatever reason i dont attempt to catch up its too much stress, have a days hol and push your entire round down a day or a week or whatever, but i dont have set days yet i say every 4th week, sometimes its monday sometimes its friday depends on weather, sometimes its 5 weeks if ive got behind, most custies arnt bothered unless youre early.

Back