Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What tires out first for you? Arms? Legs etc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jake

I seem to get very tired legs by the afternoon from all the standing and walking etc,

My upper half never really gets tired at all, feel the burn occasionally, but could go on and on if it wasn't for the legs !

What muscles tire first for you guys?

The old upper thighs start to burn a bit by the afternoon! Get a bit of shoulder ache too but can pretty much go all day. Five mins with the kids though, and I can't breath! Lung capacity of a flea!

The old upper thighs start to burn a bit by the afternoon! Get a bit of shoulder ache too but can pretty much go all day. Five mins with the kids though, and I can't breath! Lung capacity of a flea!
Or an ant? /emoticons/wink.png

Ha ha! Know what you mean, window cleaning isn't good for cardio at all!

For me its the willpower that goes first, when it gets to 2-3pm, you know when you just sigh and say **** it ill catch up tomorrow.

Good question.

Tbh. Nothing.

I have built a Lazy system and use the lightest equipment.

If I am being picky. My feet can ache by Friday. But I have just invested in some decent inserts and that seems to have fixed the ache straight away.

if its your legs i suggest you buy several pairs of trainers secondhand on Ebay all diffrent makes or models and then wear em to work. i did this and stumbled onto incredibly comfey Adidas zx750 . iv not had tired feet or legs ever since !

Everybodys diffrent ,zx750 might not work for you- so you may need to try a dozen or more pairs but you surely will find one that suits this job

if its your legs i suggest you buy several pairs of trainers secondhand on Ebay all diffrent makes or models and then wear em to work. i did this and stumbled onto incredibly comfey Adidas zx750 . iv not had tired feet or legs ever since !Everybodys diffrent ,zx750 might not work for you- so you may need to try a dozen or more pairs but you surely will find one that suits this job
Funny you say that, only 2 weeks ago I bought memory foam sketchers, and they are so comfy and very light, but I still find my legs tire out...

Neck first, then my left arm/shoulder occasionally. My legs don't ache, just wear comfy trainers :thumbsup:

Neck from looking up on the pole and that's about it and that's usually only on commercials or a big gutter job.

My calves always ache if I've done a lot if I've been chefing the night before which is 6 nights out of 7

/emoticons/sad.png

I can go all dayI think the gym helps
Same here, going gym is fine, nothing aches expect legs feel tired, I think it's either a posture issue or blood flow, but I've always had it, never been good on my feet all day! Perhaps it's a genetic thing, I'm certainly not overweight, must be one of those things!

Shoulders for me.......dislocated left in a sport accident and right .......errrrm.......doing a handstand.

But they never been the same since /emoticons/sad.png

Nothing hurts. I'm unfit and overweight. Window cleaning is pretty easy on the body.

Neck from looking up on the pole and that's about it and that's usually only on commercials or a big gutter job.
My calves always ache if I've done a lot if I've been chefing the night before which is 6 nights out of 7

/emoticons/sad.png
Do you window clean every day as well as chefing 6 out of 7 nights? If so, how are you not dead?

working nights is mental enough, done it before what a horrible torturous experience that is. Never mind doing owt in day time

Back