Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Cleaning Only Buisness ?

KieMan

Sorry for posting on WFP page but this one seems to get most action. My ? Is does anyone out there completely survive off Gutter Cleaning alone. I'm of course a windy with over 300 regular 6 week customers so bills are payed etc but have recently bought gutter vac etc - I have create a website for just gutter cleaning and taking out a Checkatrade advert (both have not launch yet) - I like the fact with Gutter Cleaning my minimum price for a terraced is £50 which makes jobs worth travelling out for unlike £10 window cleans. Also I feel gutter cleaning is something (if getting enough work in) I can farm out or employ someone to do work. My window cleaning customers are so used to me doing it I don't think they would be happy with someone else. Hope this makes sense. Thanks

interesting question wheres utterly gutterly when you need him...?

I only seem to get them when...they are blocked...or...

its feckin freezin late november.....

but a few lads on here do seem to keep busy off it...they will spot your post soon...

that reminds me not been back to the man who woke me from my sleep to ask if I was a windowcleaner and do I clean gutters out...

cheeky bugger said oh and can you wipe it over whilst your up there...so I gave him my card and havent been back..

well if i GET a slack day....:rofl:

I see a firm called The London Gutter Cleaning Company all the time round my way. I often wonder how much one of their vans rakes in a day. Lots of marketing and advertising to splash out on though I reckon, to keep the work constant when just doing gutters.

I think if you establish yourself and really push it, you could earn a mint, but the key would be a high ranking website to bring in fresh enquires daily, otherwise you may have quiet spells and not earn much !

I think if you establish yourself and really push it, you could earn a mint, but the key would be a high ranking website to bring in fresh enquires daily, otherwise you may have quiet spells and not earn much !
Cheers Jake - I have got the website domain www.blockedgutters.co.uk and nearly completed so will launch that in couple weeks (once Checkatrade ad is live) know it has to be heavily marketed so have payed out £700 on Checkatrade £90 on Google Adwords a month and £40 on Yell - luckily I have my core window cleaning customers (300) as my bread and butter and cover me in quite times - just want a business plan where people work for me and don't see window cleaning as the one due to people messing about my regulars and losing them.

I see a firm called The London Gutter Cleaning Company all the time round my way. I often wonder how much one of their vans rakes in a day. Lots of marketing and advertising to splash out on though I reckon, to keep the work constant when just doing gutters.
Yeah I've seen them about - guybrush where you based I'm - Kingston upon Thames

Cheers Jake - I have got the website domain www.blockedgutters.co.uk and nearly completed so will launch that in couple weeks (once Checkatrade ad is live) know it has to be heavily marketed so have payed out £700 on Checkatrade £90 on Google Adwords a month and £40 on Yell - luckily I have my core window cleaning customers (300) as my bread and butter and cover me in quite times - just want a business plan where people work for me and don't see window cleaning as the one due to people messing about my regulars and losing them.
Nice one, only suggestion would be to make sure it is titled to your area eg 'blocked gutters London'

So people in your area find yet easily and know your local to them..

I think it's a good business idea mate, I hope it goes well! And please keep us posted!

I think it's a good business idea mate, I hope it goes well! And please keep us posted!
Appreciate that Jake - and good advice with area - don't want to be going Skegness for a gutter clean. I have my Adwords to 30 miles of Surrey (willing to travel max 30 miles) and my Checkatrade set the same. Will post my complete website on here once live and keep you inform if the jobs come rolling in .

Hey, you could do training courses on how to clear :turd: out of a gutter and charge people to sub off you.........

Sorry S/S I couldn't resist /emoticons/biggrin.png

Appreciate that Jake - and good advice with area - don't want to be going Skegness for a gutter clean. I have my Adwords to 30 miles of Surrey (willing to travel max 30 miles) and my Checkatrade set the same. Will post my complete website on here once live and keep you inform if the jobs come rolling in .
Sounds good, look forward to hearing about the Journey, once you have an established webby that consistently ranks top of Google, you should be raking in the work

I like what you're trying to acheive @KieMan :thumbsup:. I have had 3 gutter jobs come in this week. All have been charged accordingly /emoticons/smile.png
cheers Tuffers - have done many gutter jobs in past but have never payed out in Marketing it - I love a gamble on the horse's and that's how I view advertising - let's hope I've backed a 50/1 winner. As mention my main plan is to employ someone to do the work if getting enough enquires - something I don't trust them to do with my regular windy custs

I reckon it's a good idea and i have thought of it in the past

My only worry was i always get gutter jobs in autumn when the rains come and spring/summer when the weather is good but i never get much in the colder months

If you can get the work though it will be a good move

Hey, you could do training courses on how to clear :turd: out of a gutter and charge people to sub off you.........

Sorry S/S I couldn't resist /emoticons/biggrin.png
But you need to give away a tshirt and a returnable certificate

cheers Tuffers - have done many gutter jobs in past but have never payed out in Marketing it - I love a gamble on the horse's and that's how I view advertising - let's hope I've backed a 50/1 winner. As mention my main plan is to employ someone to do the work if getting enough enquires - something I don't trust them to do with my regular windy custs
I would never trust someone to do my window custys either..except 1 guy but i have worked with him before

I reckon it's a good idea and i have thought of it in the pastMy only worry was i always get gutter jobs in autumn when the rains come and spring/summer when the weather is good but i never get much in the colder months

If you can get the work though it will be a good move

Cheers davey - yep total agree but will always have my trusted window cleaning round to work all year round to keep mrs of me back

If you treat it as 2 seperate businesses at least if it goes quiet you have the windows and if it works you can just sit back and let someone else bring in more money for you

You don't get anything if you don't try so gotta give it a try

I must admit....me does like cleaning gutters...especially blocked ones ...especially when it all goes.....:turd: down the pipe..glug glug glug..

good luck and keep us informed..

I'm looking at a gutter vac once my wfp is sorted

One thing for sure I've had enough of 3 storey work on long ladders and will eventually only trad bottoms so guttervac is the next logical step for me

I'm looking at a gutter vac once my wfp is sortedOne thing for sure I've had enough of 3 storey work on long ladders and will eventually only trad bottoms so guttervac is the next logical step for me
My Gutter Vac cost me £890 3000w with 35ft 6 connection carbon fibre poles - absolute god send - can do it 5 times quicker and 100x safer - I manage to get myself a block of flats (3 story's) and it payed £470 (took a full day) so payed for half of it in one hit. Definitely recommend www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk that's where I got mine mate

Back