Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gotta clean this little one

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

I don't do pressure washing but this geeza wants the creme walls on his house cleaned might seem stupid but would bit of chemical like virosol and my water fed pole system get it off? I've also gotta clear gutters and clean all UPVC round the house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87b3d9b010439c2f48925144696af2ce.jpg

db7626bc1212443126814903633d6bf5.jpg
5756f3d2dc6362cee896a01e20be1804.jpg
ee6275362b157e188f9fb8522470145a.jpg

ohhh the energy of youth...

I did one very similar on the fascias last year.. came up great ..virosol sprayed on brush

never done walls though ...

but would think it would work...

good luck and let us know how you get on..

bet you any money ...jake says..

GET YOUR POWER WASHER OUT..:rofl:

love that soil pipe arrangement...

That's the thing I need to know if it will work lol if it does then how much should i charge i have a Karcher washer but that's just for washing my van no where near as good as the professional ones lol

you know me....

Id sneak up and have a crack at a little section first..

that reminds me I have a fsg on a bungalow next time its a good job he doesnt ask for the walls as the render is crapppy just keeps coming off ...

Ive kept off buying a good power washer til I get the job for it....

but holding them out so the pressure isnt so bad does the trick..

any way good luck..

when you mention walls and it is a very big house cheapie gets his running shoes on:rofl:

you probs have to be careful the paint doesnt come off too..

Id sneak up and have a crack at a little section first..
Thats the trick with these jobs I find. Most of them don't even need any fancy cleaners, just something to scrub with (brush/sponge) and a splash of fairy will do the job.

yeh before I came on here me always used good ole fairy...

but you had best test the paint is a good un as some use cheap stuff and it comes off too easy..

I had one green facia which caught me out once, it was like it was baked on, it was so hard it was tearing my sponge up. But most will usually come off with a scrub with whatever.

virosol might clean that render ,if not try neat household bleach ,if the bleach dosent shift it then hypo will

Still bristel vikan brush, good strength viro or ubik 50/50 ratio and should work fine mate.

How much do you think for the walls? Not brick work if it comes off with brush and virosol? Is it good money do you think? I ain't got a scooby with that sort of work

Rinse all the walls down with normal water first. Then mix hypo 10-1 in a pressure pump sprayer and spray all over. Leave 20 mins and rinse off with normal water. Pole don't need to leave the vanHere's a few pics of what I've done View attachment 7261View attachment 7261 View attachment 7262
Great job. Yeah i would say steer away from loads of scrubbing or to much pressure unless the paint is really solid.

Cheers you lot[emoji106] Ive tried getting that hypo but can't seem to get it anywhere!

Yeah works wonders, also great for stinking gutters.

But...... You have to be really sensible when using it. Be wary of decking, expensive plants, pets, clothes on the line, cars parked next to the house etc etc etc

Move anything problematic out the way, and wear sunglasses/goggles and **** clothes when doing it. Burns the skin too and bleaches clothes in seconds.

It's this stuff mr bump

You can get it in farm shops, maybe online too?

View attachment 4891

Well it certainly does the job, but it doesn't sound like it'll fit in with my eco credentials /emoticons/sad.png Not too keen on the burning skin part either :eek: I'm sure they'll be a need for it one day though cheers.

Latest Posts

Back