Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory Roof Ladders

G

Anyone recommend to me a good conservatory roof ladder.. im looking for a way to be able to get onto the roofs and manually clean the frames rather then using the wtp for it.. but with so many different types of roofs around.. im looking for a do it all good ladder?

I see this one: http://www.ladders-999.co.uk/conservatory-ladders/trade-conservatory-roof-ladder.html

but would this work with the flat roof conservatory and the ones which slightly lean forward or backwards, they look like they would break? I think the ones which like coned at stronger?

I normally use ladder on side on conservatory and water fed pole it but i think if you could get a ladder and get up there is would be easier for some jobs especially when you have limited space

They look ok but it states there is no kneeling platform so may get a bit uncomfortable

If it was me I'd wfp if i could for safety

A bit of ubik and it'll come up a treat

Anyone recommend to me a good conservatory roof ladder.. im looking for a way to be able to get onto the roofs and manually clean the frames rather then using the wtp for it.. but with so many different types of roofs around.. im looking for a do it all good ladder?
I see this one: http://www.ladders-999.co.uk/conservatory-ladders/trade-conservatory-roof-ladder.html

but would this work with the flat roof conservatory and the ones which slightly lean forward or backwards, they look like they would break? I think the ones which like coned at stronger?

I normally use ladder on side on conservatory and water fed pole it but i think if you could get a ladder and get up there is would be easier for some jobs especially when you have limited space
Before you buy that ladder Roy, it's cheaper here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CONSERVATORY-GARDEN-LADDER-/360364315898?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item53e76314fa

I hired one with the kneeling platform for one job I did. If I could've WFP'd it I would, but it was stained badly. Conny ladders are very heavy, you have to dismantle them partly to move from section to section and I found the black rubber that sits on the roof struts actually left a black mark on the white plastic. I would consider one with a kneeling pad if I was to buy one. You also have to consider storing it too.

They look ok but it states there is no kneeling platform so may get a bit uncomfortableIf it was me I'd wfp if i could for safety

A bit of ubik and it'll come up a treat
Doesn't always get the whole connie though, I have been looking at getting one of these ladders as well as the other day I had one that had no access either end and was sloped down at the back making it impossible to do the far side.

Before you buy that ladder Roy, it's cheaper here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CONSERVATORY-GARDEN-LADDER-/360364315898?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item53e76314fa
I hired one with the kneeling platform for one job I did. If I could've WFP'd it I would, but it was stained badly. Conny ladders are very heavy, you have to dismantle them partly to move from section to section and I found the black rubber that sits on the roof struts actually left a black mark on the white plastic. I would consider one with a kneeling pad if I was to buy one. You also have to consider storing it too.
thanks for the ebay link, what do you mean about kneeling platform?

Doesn't always get the whole connie though, I have been looking at getting one of these ladders as well as the other day I had one that had no access either end and was sloped down at the back making it impossible to do the far side.
The roofs which are almost flat or slopped backward I would worry if they can take the weight of a ladder and a person.. anyone know??

I use an Easidec conservatory ladder. It's a good bit of kit with a kneeling platform although it is expensive at over £600. I managed to get a new one on ebay for £200!

https://easi-dec.co.uk/store/conservatory-roof-access.html

We have the easi dec ones and also the LSD ones.

Both have + and - Points.

You can pretty much do the same job from a good set of steps with WFP.

Ladders just make it that little bit easier, especially on the finials.

The other thing you have to weigh up is what you are charging for a roof.

Some of the jobs i have done have been monsters. No way i could charge £xxx and just wfp it.

My advice (Like others) Look out for a set on ebay. We paid £400 ish for the pair. We have a third set somewhere, i will see if they are for sale /emoticons/smile.png

Not especially, it just allows you to get up to the finial/cresting and give it a good scrub if need be.

I normally use a wfp from the top of the lower section of the ladder to do most roof's anyway but its nice to have the full ladder just in case.

Logo took ages to do, well 5 mins actually!/emoticons/biggrin.png

Do you reckon you get a better finish with your ladder on conservatories than you could with a WFP system Utterley?
Love the logo BTW

going keep my eyes out for one

as the top of the conservatory bit harder as it very bendy and fragile

also could start a full conservatory clean like the tracks etc of the opening windows on roof

why are they made so heavy in your opinion ?

why are they made so heavy in your opinion ?
I don't know. If they were lighter they could be made for less money and if they were lighter they would be very easy to use.

Why are scaffolders ladders so heavy? I've often wondered why.

Latest Posts

Back