Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up

chrissyman

Looking for some pointers guys.

About to set up on my own and lookin at a few different things after reading this forum for a while. The info on heres second to none. In an ideal world what i m after is the 21 lpm loncin pressure washer. an x jet. And probably a trolley system with water fed pole. The services looking to offer is pressure washing the usual driveways/patio's etc maybe roofs. as well as cleaning the outside of fascias and guttering/conservatories that sort of thing. X jet for cladding/rendering. which may be a little bit optimistic at this point due to the inexperience maybe the x jets a purchase for the future once i had a handle of things. Although i d like to be in a position where a lack of equiptment wont hold me back.

Looking for any pointers tbh. kind of decided on the 21 lpm loncin but the trolley system suitable for above i m open to any advice etc same with the x-jet or anything else anybody thinks would be a good purchase. Fancying the rotary cleaner that is available with the loncin with the nozzles at the front but unsure if its necessary at tthis point due to budget constraints etc.

Budget of 1,600 but could be pushed further if people thought it would benefit me. If its a case of people saying look you ll need it all because theres a call for it all and maybe give services i could offer i would seriously consider going for it.

Pretty much made up my mind with the pressure washer.

Also wont include window cleaning as part of my service.

But any advice outside of that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Chris.

If you don't offer window cleaning but do FSG and conservatories you might be missing a trick, and also won't be able to clear up after?

If you don't offer window cleaning but do FSG and conservatories you might be missing a trick, and also won't be able to clear up after?
I m hearing you jim. The situation is i m a roofer working with his dad atm. Been roofing ten years but main source of income is gutter cleaning. too much competition with the bigger roofing companies atm. Want to do something myself that doesnt involve roofing. Due to the fact i dont want to be competing with my father.

Working pretty much part time hours looking to get into something for myself away from roofing. Also dont want to be competing with other window cleaners out there especially with being a roofer. Leave it to the guys that know what they re doing.

cheers

chris

The only thing i would say that is great about window cleaning is it gives you a fairly reliable income, just pw alone would take a lot of marketting.

window cleaning gives you the chance to mrket to existing customers for all there cleaning needs, just a thought.

The only thing i would say that is great about window cleaning is it gives you a fairly reliable income, just pw alone would take a lot of marketting.
window cleaning gives you the chance to mrket to existing customers for all there cleaning needs, just a thought.
the main problem is we only have one van. Will be using it for roofing mainly gutter cleaning and repairs plus pressure washing fgs cleaning. Definetely cant put a window cleaning set up in the back would have to be done using a trolley. Have a pretty decent gutter cleaning round so looking to use that as the source of income the same way the window cleaner would use the windows. The same with market to them same customers etc. If that makes sense.

Chris, I see your point, but don't worry too much about other window cleaners as you will probably offer a slightly different service they might be after- gutter expertise is an ideal add on /complementary service to windows and you have the gutter customers to sell it to

I get phased when I see window vans everywhere, who wouldn't, but I am still picking up customers, I think if they like your approach, your style, it's a selling point.

At any rate, I think you might need a really basic set up, just to clean up windows of the jobs you're doing, a trad tool set. Will look good to clean up well at the end

Do you have a gutter vac Chris or other gutter specific equipment such as a tower?

Chris, I see your point, but don't worry too much about other window cleaners as you will probably offer a slightly different service they might be after- gutter expertise is an ideal add on /complementary service to windows and you have the gutter customers to sell it to

I get phased when I see window vans everywhere, who wouldn't, but I am still picking up customers, I think if they like your approach, your style, it's a selling point.

At any rate, I think you might need a really basic set up, just to clean up windows of the jobs you're doing, a trad tool set. Will look good to clean up well at the end

Do you have a gutter vac Chris or other gutter specific equipment such as a tower?

cheers for the advice. Think the trad tool set will be a good purchase for at least cleaning up after me. Dont actually have a gutter vac. Looked into it but to be honest think the traditional ways the best for gutter cleaning. We d be finished by the time we set the machine up etc tbh. They look handy tools and probably best for the window cleaner who maybe doesnt do as many gutter cleans. We can do as many as 10 a day. Getting power etc would probably be more hassle than its worth. Dont have a tower but have rented in the past for other roof work mate.

thats gd we have a gutter expert on here /emoticons/smile.png i say pick up a decent washer for sale online 2nd some gd ones about
Cheers peter. Wouldnt say a gutter expert. But if anyone needed advice regarding roofing etc could maybe be of help.

Back