Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Signwriting...

M

MrBump

Have any of you used online diy vinyl kits - by that I mean you give them your logo / writing etc and they send you the cut vinyl which you then put on yourself?

Or if you had it done professionaly, how much did you guys pay for it to get done?

Have any of you used online diy vinyl kits - by that I mean you give them your logo / writing etc and they send you the cut vinyl which you then put on yourself?
Or if you had it done professionaly, how much did you guys pay for it to get done?
iv done that, i bleve it was 30,40 quid touch from an Ebay firm for the kit. one tip i can give is to go over your van with Tcut polish first in the week prior to get all the dirt out of the paint before you apply the stickers . its got to be clean clean or they wont stick long term . Also , only apply the stickers at a time when the weather is cool ,i chose very erly in the morning for 2 reasons ,it was cool and nobody was around taking the p/ss so i could concentrate on the job. be sure to have some sharp scissors to cut the backing a tad so it can lay flat [vans are a lot more curved than they look,well mine is and the stickers wont bend around a curve so you need to cut the sheet so it lays flat prior to lifting off the backing paper] and a roll of masking tape -i think they come with a set of instruction anyway

View attachment 5017

Last edited:
It is very easy to do and i have done several for other people including car graphics

Make sure you use a spray bottle of soapy water and spray before attaching vinyl

This allows slip to move any bits that need adjusting once paper is removed and being able to squeeze out air bubbles

Stick it all on

Use a plastic filler type scraper and go over the whole lot forcing any air out

Peel paper off

Lightly squeeze any remaining air bubbles out

If any tiny ones left use a pin to mak a tiny hole in them and go over with scraper (you won't see the holes)

Job done

Thanks guys, seems doable then, with a lot of care and if I prepped well and took my time. Have yo say that lettering is rather straight boarcity! And good tip with yhe pin daveyboy, that could save my bacon.

Hmmm might have to give it a go then, I'm sure it is but just need to double check its the same type of vinyl as the 'professionals' use, don't want it to peel off my paintwork if I ever removed it..

The vinyl is not really sticky

When you peel it off the only thing you get is an outline from dirt etc round the edgesand weathering of the paint so will need a tcut

Paint is safe

It is a matter of slow and steady Mr Bump, too often the kits arrive, you're all excited and get a rush on but that's when it goes wrong.

Amat Victoria Curam - is the key, also have a little browse on you tube, loads of instructionals on there

Just been quoted around £250+vat, so a just tad more than you SPcleaning lol. Price may come down once I send him the artwork though. Might just get them to cut it and have a go at fitting it myself as it seems it'll be half that!

yes and the front. Need a new van next and i will be getting some new signwriting that includes window cleaning, that vans old and dropping to bits but refuses to die.

The guy i used designed the logo as well as part of the price £40 posted.

This is something I am looking at doing in the next couple of weeks, my problem is I offer gutter clearing, pressure washing, drive cleaning, patio cleaning, high reach pressure washing, window cleaning, conservatory cleaning, also looking at offering caravan cleaning and also, bit hush hush, but magnetic sweeping, a good friend of mine has lent me one, he owns a business making them and want to offer this as well.

Its a lot to fit on the windows of a pick up........

I have absolutely NO idea how to get it all on lol.

Try using the doors as well /emoticons/tongue.png

Seriously you dont need to say 'patio cleaning, driveway cleaning, high reach power washing, blah blah and so on'

Just 'Pressure washing' will suffice.

I know a sign writer and he says less is more, people only read the firs part then take your number, he says if it's too busy they just stop looking.

This is something I am looking at doing in the next couple of weeks, my problem is I offer gutter clearing, pressure washing, drive cleaning, patio cleaning, high reach pressure washing, window cleaning, conservatory cleaning, also looking at offering caravan cleaning and also, bit hush hush, but magnetic sweeping, a good friend of mine has lent me one, he owns a business making them and want to offer this as well.
Its a lot to fit on the windows of a pick up........

I have absolutely NO idea how to get it all on lol.

Just get the main services on, that's all you need really, if you have a website that's important as you can go into more detail of the services through that...View attachment 5019

View attachment 5020

Do you find the connect big enough for all your gear @Jake ?
@adamangler Yeah plenty big enough, with a bit of space saving and a tidy van you can get a lot in there,

My pressure washer goes to the left of the hose reel, and I've now got a third pole holder dead Center (this pic is 6 months old)

I like having a smaller (well small ish, as this is the long wheel base high roof) van as it's easier to drive round the tight estates and under low bridges/archways etc

View attachment 7441
@adamangler Yeah plenty big enough, with a bit of space saving and a tidy van you can get a lot in there,

My pressure washer goes to the left of the hose reel, and I've now got a third pole holder dead Center (this pic is 6 months old)

I like having a smaller (well small ish, as this is the long wheel base high roof) van as it's easier to drive round the tight estates and under low bridges/archways etc
whys your number blanked out jake ^ van looks very tidy

What you use for the pole holders Jake, how you fix it to the van?

View attachment 7441

Latest Posts

Back