Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ran out of ubik

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Just used the last of my ubik today on a green conny roof

Got some manky frames and green sills tomorrow. .what do you guys use that i can buy anywhere? ?

I'm out of flash :eek:

I love ubik and virosol. .ubik more

No suppliers near me

Fed up paying extortionate prices from cleaning spot once you add postage etc..might try tfr again as my mate works at autoglym in the next town..get some freebies lol

I am in the same aituation as daveyboy run out and big connie clean tomorrow. Found some cillit bang in my wifes chemicals cabinet. Can you spray that on a brush and clean.upvc with that ?

You could try

I have a bit of my first clean combo left that i made by mixing some of my trad soap mix with virosol

Not enough to waste on a roof

Only needs a little splash on the brush and new cleans come up spotless and no effort to rinse off

I never really use chemicals, only ever used virisol once, and never used Ubik, I don't think it's needed for green roofs etc, you'd be surprised how easy it is to clean with just pure and the brush!

Give it a go Dave, see how you get on with just pure...

ive used ubik very good im not out so guna try virosol i tryed trf but it was a week stuff an i found it not amazing hope the virosol is beta:D

I always have just used an all purpose cleaner like flash but cheaper from the supermarket, usually the one from lidl or tesco, tesco ones about 25p. i use it on everything from UPVC, first cleans and car valeting dont see any point buying owt else tbh

I always have just used an all purpose cleaner like flash but cheaper from the supermarket, usually the one from lidl or tesco, tesco ones about 25p. i use it on everything from UPVC, first cleans and car valeting dont see any point buying owt else tbh
Once you have tried ubik you wouldn't go back to the cheap stuff

Spray or brush it in filthy black and green upvc and most of it would just slide off with a rinse without brushing

ive used ubik very good im not out so guna try virosol i tryed trf but it was a week stuff an i found it not amazing hope the virosol is beta:D
Virosol is good tench but ubik is a little better and leaves a good shine on upvc after

That's not bad..£21.60 and the rest is postage..get 10 of them and postage would be free

I have made 10 litres of my own new formula to see how that goes for a while

Did my father in laws for the first time wfp today and it brought the frames up lovely and took all the spider shite off too

Just a little squirt on the brush and did the whole house with it

Do you guys use a specific brush solely when you use these products or do you use the same brush as you use on all your cleans? What I mean is can you use this stuff on a FSG clean and then use the same brush on the next house that needs only maintenance clean?

my extreme brush is just about dead, its only lasted 3 months think ill get a more robust brush next time, i have vikan as backup but its awfull compared to the gardiners

Do you guys use a specific brush solely when you use these products or do you use the same brush as you use on all your cleans? What I mean is can you use this stuff on a FSG clean and then use the same brush on the next house that needs only maintenance clean?
You can use that stuff all day on glass and frames with no problems as long as you rinse properly so don't worry about having traces on your brush

Back