Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

new member!!!!!

Guest TheHitman

Guest TheHitman

Hi,new member here,

Found this forum as i was searching online to learn more information about starting up a window cleaning round,i'm currently working in a dead end factory job,the main benefits are that i start at 6am and finish no later than 2pm so i figure i have plenty of time in the afternoon to get a window cleaning round up and running gradually so that i can eventually leave my awful :@ job and become a full time window cleaner :cool::D hoping to learn more info hints and tips etc on here,

thanks

Guest TheHitman

thanks mate main thing i'm pondering is how to go about pricing each job,i'm assuming different parts of the country different rates??? cheers

pound a window is a good rule of thumb and then an extra pound for luck.don't think parts of the country come into it much.If your in no real rush you can canvass a few streets and if you get loads going for your price it may be too cheap if you get no customers your probably too dear.

Maybe £2.50 for a bay window,£2 for a patio door it all mounts up in time.If you work off ladder you got to set the ladder up climb the ladder clean the window and climb down the ladder,Bay window may need 3 ladder moves.average 3 bedder may mount up to £8/9 and take 15-20 minutes if your going in at 50p window you'll be doing them at £5 max you'll get plenty of work but not enough money to live on

Guest window washer

Good Luck :)

Canvass for a week of afternoons/ eves and then work those the following week and so on. Just plug away and it will come. I built up a smallish £2000 round in 6 weeks on my own and really wanted a much larger round but even on the WFP I am just not quick enough to copewith the work. Window cleaning works best as a gradual process as I am sure the more experienced guys will tell you.

Good luck again - stick at it and it will work.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.