Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

the soap test

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

20.20 , ettore squeege off , unger the pill

today i tryed first 20 20 with just water and i found it was like blading water off bit of a pain realy as u get direction change marks so i then added 1 tab of unger the pill the water then turned blue still no bubbles to the same dilama so i then added a glug of squeege off hay presto so bubbles :balloondance: there was not loads of bubbles but anouth not to get direction change marks when faning greasy marks came off a lot easer i was very inpressed ill b trying just squeege off on its own next to c what thats like on its own i was so inpressed with todays mix i wont b using persil any more and flash sod that im hooked now im confadent this squeege off will b the bee's nee's ill report back my resalts :thumbs:

I'll be giving the squeegee off a go just for poops and giggles, but not having it eat into my profits by using it regularly. Loving the premium magnum at the moment, the slip, the beautiful slip.

I'll be giving the squeegee off a go just for poops and giggles, but not having it eat into my profits by using it regularly. Loving the premium magnum at the moment, the slip, the beautiful slip.
once u try the squeege off u will never go back well im not any way its just rite not glupy an clogy good slip an it dont seem to leve mch resdue on the glass

i did not no b an q sold squeege off how !
Yep, sure I've seen it there. Its only a small bottle though. I've got a tradepoint card so I should get a bit of a discount. Think its about 7quid on the shelf.

well its bin ******* it down all day my pato doors have got wet dryed out got wet an so on all blady day i have checked them an very little spotting think i need to do some tests with washing up liquid and this new stuff c wich stays cleaner for longer

It'll stay clean for longer, the less detergent you use. The detergent is positively charged ionic particles and if you leave a film of that on the window, then the window is basically magnetic and attracts dirt etc. You've got to use just enough detergent to wet the window out and stop the water from breaking up. Sure, the glide isn't great and it appears to leave directional change marks. But those lines and direction marks are still there with heavy detergent, it's just that they dry up quicker/instantaneously (they don't neccessarily dry any cleaner though, and can be worse because your water is salty because of the high levels of detergent, so it's pretty much just an illusion looking at the outside of the glass). By putting more detergent in the water, you're actually making the water dirtier, and this can be proven with a TDS metre. The ionic surficants in detergent are like salt.

Honestly, you can achieve exactly the same results as GG3 or 20/20 by using a very small amount of almost any detergent. But if you wanted it to be as accurately measured out as a dilution ratio as GG3 or 20/20 can be with a pipette (example, 4ml of 20/20 in 4 litres of water), then you need to measure out the detergent in the same way. It can also be done with a TDS metre to measure how much detergent is in the water too. So for example, if your water is rain at 8PPM, then if you add 1:1000 20/20 it'll go up to 20PPM. You can take that rain water and add very small amounts of washing up liquid until it's 20PPM and it'll behave exactly the same as 20/20, GG3 or GG4 etc

today i wrked 2 hours on the rag i used just half a unger pill an to caps of squeege off im finding my self easing off the soap glass just looked cleaner to day more like a wfp finish if that makes sence monday ill try 1 cap and half a unger pill

Have you just used Ettore squeegee off just by itself yet? Does this leave any marks? I might try some of this.

Crikey it all sounds a bit rocket science to me lol.

Sat with the missus couple of weeks back Friday afternoon, across road there's a hairdresser and a cake shop she says to me you've cleaned those today haven't you they aren't half shiny. They were and like a mirror too.

Actually no I said they're due on Tuesday, I haven't done em for over 3 weeks.

What did I use, pure water, ecover and a glug of white vinegar, in the words of confutious (aka wagga), job done.

Have you just used Ettore squeegee off just by itself yet? Does this leave any marks? I might try some of this.
ive not yet but i will do think ill try it monday the pill does not have suds so it only adds to the cleaning power ive found no marks as yet as there is anouth soap to not get direction change marks well u can get 1 or to but there faint i uset mirro them off with a clean micrefiber

ive bin using just ettore squeege off now an im hooked its realy good stuff on its own doubt ill get any more of the unger pills not shore yet but i found 3 cap fulls of the squeege off wrks perfect i may try just 2 cap fulls next week @keefo

its bin a wile now using squeege off and ive found the glass is staying so clean its unreal the bus shelters r gleaming despite all the rain and wind these last to weeks still think its the best next ill b trying the unger liquid to compair i used to laff when people said only use professional soap but its dead true to get the best resalts u gota use it not dish soap :cheers:

Do you have squeegee off as your solution when using a liquidator? I just wondered what the slip was like.

Latest Posts

Back