Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone using Moreman Liquidator?

Yep, all sizes in Wagtail and the Moerman handles. If you're not used to using a dog-eared squeegee there will be a bit of adjustment required. I see the 12" has just been released and think that's probably the ideal size for UK domestic glass. That size I'd put in their blue bi component handle which I've warmed to over the last few weeks. Their rubber is good but it's soft so not good for hotter climates and it does tear up easily on wooden frames. I use Razer Red in my 14 and 18 and Ettore in my 10"

I've been using Razer Red for a couple of years now and when I first got the liquidators I was praying it would work because I had so much of the darn stuff. Luckily for me ...magical. Ettore has amazing glide on the glass so for the 10" (quick maintenance on entrances, small partitions, mirrors etc.) it's a good match. The main advantage of the Razer Red in my everyday squeegees is the longevity. It last for ages.

Cool. I noticed my Red lasted longer too. Need to order more. So my question is, would u not buy all liquidators if they did all sizes and used their rubber??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The liquidator is a great tool when your technique has adapted, not that its difficult. I only use it on a office job though due to have wooden frames rest of the time, so rubber get beaten quite easily, and for the sake of cost vs benefit i only use it on that one job. The rubber i use with it are Black Diamond, great rubber.

The liquidator is a great tool when your technique has adapted, not that its difficult. I only use it on a office job though due to have wooden frames rest of the time, so rubber get beaten quite easily, and for the sake of cost vs benefit i only use it on that one job. The rubber i use with it are Black Diamond, great rubber.
So u must have to manually cut your rubbers yourself then??

If you meaning the angle cut, then yes, as far as i know the rubber do not come precut with the angle

Cool. I noticed my Red lasted longer too. Need to order more. So my question is, would u not buy all liquidators if they did all sizes and used their rubber??

I have 10 2x14 and an 18 and until a week or so ago they were the only ones available. they've just released the 12 and 22 and I will be buying these when clips are available. I'm in NZ so for me their pre cut and shaped rubber is just too soft. Cutting other rubber to fit is no biggie after the first couple of times.

Eric i can't find the thread you posted pics of with rubber cut to angle like Nick Christian, which thread was it. Do you find they work better this way.

Eric i can't find the thread you posted pics of with rubber cut to angle like Nick Christian, which thread was it. Do you find they work better this way.
Over on the "Best Squeegee" thread Keefo. I actually quite like it. Wouldn't try it with the soft rubbers though. Better? Hmmm. Jury is still out on that. I actually think the most important thing with the liquidator is to keep the rubber precisely flush with the tips of the end clips...

From what i have heard and seeing it in action it is shite
Yep, but a few of them must have been sold now so I find it interesting that the Liquidator when first released was pilloried from pillar to post for weeks and now that the Precision Glide is out ....silence.

Wagga seems to like the precision glide, i was thinking of getting it as it'll help with the 40° heat here in the summer. I'm not so fussed if it leaves a bit of detailing to do more bothered about keeping the window wet.

Over on the "Best Squeegee" thread Keefo. I actually quite like it. Wouldn't try it with the soft rubbers though. Better? Hmmm. Jury is still out on that. I actually think the most important thing with the liquidator is to keep the rubber precisely flush with the tips of the end clips...
I'm still getting arched lines. I've tried different techniques, rubbers, soaps, as I've only been doing it a few months properly I've even seen two different windies that are over here and they said i wasn't really doing anything wrong. I'm wondering if more windies get them but don't look as hard as me to see them. As I've said many times they look great in the middle of the day with the sun on them, it's just when that sun rises or sets. I've had no complaints so far though.

Wagga seems to like the precision glide, i was thinking of getting it as it'll help with the 40° heat here in the summer. I'm not so fussed if it leaves a bit of detailing to do more bothered about keeping the window wet.
You see Keefo, if Willie had simply perfected his slip pad on his standard PC and allowed us to do the dog-earing (if we wanted to) then this could have been a pretty credible release, a nice 'add-on'/alternative to using the PC as a stand alone or a flipper. Those detailing clips are without a doubt going to be an issue. As they stand if you bought one I'd buy the 18" throw the clips away and shorten the slip pad and pad clips. Perfect 16" squeegee for the hot summer days "down under" used in tandem with a standard scrubber. Now, If he would only sell the clips and slip pads as an extra we could simply do the 'bolt on' ourselves. Gosh I just saw a pig fly past my window...:)

Have you seen one of these precision glides close up Eric? Will you get one.
Your 'lines' issue has me intrigued Keefo. Bit darn sad if because of you I start going back over my contracts at sunset each day though.. :) Will I buy one? To be honest I'm ambivalent. I've got a shed full of Wagtail and I'm getting a touch tired of how DIY his last few 'innovations' have been. Don't get me wrong the ideas are sound but the finished products always seem to be cobbled together. However, I'll probably buy one...and then...improve it...again :)

Back