Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

fasica cleaning tips

paul stallard

please can someone tell me how to apply a pre soak to fasica ???

what products and reviews what to be aware off

ubik or virosol or tfr ( what ratios)

whats best way to clean them

wfp or ladder

i have a couple to do and need infomation before i do ?? many thanks cant wait to see what other do

Buy a 5.4 metre pre spray extension lance from mosskillers (google them) then simply use Ubik2000 1 part to approx 8 or 10 water, I sometimes go stronger if it's really bad and the weathers not to hot to dry it before you wash it off as it can stain if left on too long. Thats all I use for plastic cleans and there come up great and shine well.

i did use mt water fed pole with old brush with just water to first clean and then pure to second clean but it wasnt the best, looked alot cleaner but not the shine i hoped for, that way i fort i ask if anyone else using ubik or traffic remover and how they get on with it, well i have a spray bottle dont think i can reach will need to make somethink ty any more people clean soffits etc, nice to get people chatting :)

Mix a bit of washing up liquid with water and ubik so it is thicker and apply with your wfp brush

Then turn on water and scrub

Works for me

Anyone use any eco-friendly cleaning agents on fascias, like ecover or similar? I sometimes spray on some ecover and vinegar mix before washing off with oure but I don't know if it makes a difference or not as pure on its own works fine for me too.

Ubik or virosol, either go b&q for a Harris pole or buy a cheap carbon fishing pole. Extend the lance on a pressure sprayer with pole hose. You can also just attach it to your wfp to spray it on. Ubik and virosol are made by clover by the way and are plant based so are eco friendly.

Anyone use any eco-friendly cleaning agents on fascias, like ecover or similar? I sometimes spray on some ecover and vinegar mix before washing off with oure but I don't know if it makes a difference or not as pure on its own works fine for me too.
Just hot pure on it's own is fine for most, but on really bad ones like the type that aint been cleaned for 15 years plus I find just hot pure even at 75/85 deg needs some kind of alkaline solution to break it up to make sure there fully cleaned. If I forget my extension pre sprayer, I just wet a bit down first then spray solution on my brush and work it in for a min or 2 then scrub and wash off.

Be nice to have hot pure, but a black van and a sun is all I have to heat my water so it's usually just luke warm /emoticons/biggrin.png

Always assumed ubik abd virosol were chemicals, didn't realise they were natural - I will be checking them out soon in that case :thumbsup:

ok i have cold wfp now first would i get a bucket and put ubik / washing up liquid then put dip the brush in bucket and allow,

or stuck and spray using wfp ???

i have never used ubik so where would i get it

Be nice to have hot pure, but a black van and a sun is all I have to heat my water so it's usually just luke warm /emoticons/biggrin.png
Always assumed ubik abd virosol were chemicals, didn't realise they were natural - I will be checking them out soon in that case :thumbsup:
Virosol is citrus based and ubik is natural also

And ya don't need washing up liquid in the mix just the Ubik, just more suds to rinse away.
I only.add washing up liquid if applying with my brush as i can make it thicker and it don't all drip off before i get the brush up there

No need if spraying which i will always do if i can reach

so thankyou for all the tips,

so just recap ! i will get one of my 25 litres and fill with virosol or ubik

then use my water fed pole to pump it up there,

then it all covered wait

them swap over the 25 litres then wash off with pure water

would you guys say it best to get other pole or brush for this or would it be ok to use the same as windows

and whats the best mix on ubik

or i will get a spray bottle with ubik then attach to my pole spray then srub with pure water

I don't put it in a drum

.i put it in a bucket with a bit of soap and water if I'm gonna brush it in. Then dip the brush which is why i make it thick to avoid constantly collapsing and dipping the brush..i don't put it through my pump

I sometimes use the customers outside tap for those jobs instead of wasting pure also..same as conny roofs..do as much as poss with tap then final rinse with pure

I've ordered a 3m brush, UBIK and a 5L sprayer, plan is to spray on the UBIK and then take a bucket of water and brush it all off while up the ladder, hitting it with hard elbow grease and a magic sponge for the really bad bits.

Question for those who have used UBIK... I've to do the frames of the windows too so is it safe to spray on the frames and the glass?

Ubik is what i use for frames mate

Whatever you put it on don't let it fully dry or it can stain..

Put it on and then start scrubbing..if you have a huge area to do only do what won't dry out before you get to it then do the next bit

Latest Posts

Back