Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaners Everywhere

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Seems to be loads starting up, the use of ladders meant there was a limit to the amount of people taking this up who wouldn't go up a ladder but with wfp there is no safety issue. I have had to get out there and take on more work than I can manage because in time there won't be enough to go round.

What area do u live in?

Theres a fair few round here but ive never been worried about other window cleaners as there is so many houses out there without a window cleaner, im sure if i didnt actually have work to do i could go out and get 10 new customers everyday if not more. Problem is cleaning them :rolleyes:

I wouldnt worry about the ones with the WFP trying to start a round. It takes a long time to build a proffitable round so they'll soon be out of business.:thumbsup:

What area do u live in?
Theres a fair few round here but ive never been worried about other window cleaners as there is so many houses out there without a window cleaner, im sure if i didnt actually have work to do i could go out and get 10 new customers everyday if not more. Problem is cleaning them :rolleyes:
Just outside Birmingham

I see at least one new signwritten van a day and sometimes up to 3 'blank' vans a day doing wfp down here (Dorset), there are literally hundreds of windies already. Theres loads of houses obviously, but anyone who wants a windie has one already, I need to build my round up asap!! :eek:

less than a year ago here in ipswich/colchester

iv been asked for a job a few times recently,each time i say "go start yourself,uv just told me you are a windie "

they reply "but theres so many round here already at it"

well i must be blind cos iv not seen any!

less than a year ago here in ipswich/colchester

iv been asked for a job a few times recently,each time i say "go start yourself,uv just told me you are a windie "

they reply "but theres so many round here already at it"

well i must be blind cos iv not seen any!
@boarcity

There everywhere in Colchester boar, I see loads, not all have a sign written van though,

You've got:

Me,

You,

My mate Joe,

The guy I started with - Danny

Mickey - Danny's brother

Phil

S&S

J&J - who we all hate (at least 3 vans)

Davis window cleaning

Big red monkey

Pure clean - formerly 'top glass'

Ocean window cleaning

Paul's window cleaning

Andys window cleaning

Wivenhoe window cleaners

Gleaming windows

J&A

Clean shine

JLP

Clear view

Mike freeman

Morgan and co

And about 100 more that have blank vans... Colchester is saturated with windies, when I first started 2007, there's was about 4 well known ones and that was it...

i know a few of those ^ which of that lot are lo pricer types jake [ iv yet to come across one myself]

yeh. the sort who do council houses at 6 or 7 quid [as an example]
None of the above really, I'm sure there is some, but not the guys listed... You still going down the route of low prices and easy houses?

None of the above really, I'm sure there is some, but not the guys listed... You still going down the route of low prices and easy houses?
no, iv not low priced in years now . i just wondered if j & j or s and s or pauls did/do

I reckon there probably average to higher prices...

What you charging for average 4 bed? This Mile End ones where I saw you?

i lost a few moaners who hated me cleaning in the rain- to j&j or s&s i cant remember which now :confused: ,no big loss

I reckon there probably average to higher prices...
What you charging for average 4 bed? This Mile End ones where I saw you?
mile end 15-18 quid , council anywhere in colchester 10

Long story, basically one of the lads has a rich dad who bought there business and set them up, there both extremely arrogant, and were gifted huge contracts etc, basically did no work at all, and then won 'small business of the year' which is totally unfair as all of us lot build our rounds from scratch, yet we don't even get a mention!

Long story, basically one of the lads has a rich dad who bought there business and set them up, there both extremely arrogant, and were gifted huge contracts etc, basically did no work at all, and then won 'small business of the year' which is totally unfair as all of us lot build our rounds from scratch, yet we don't even get a mention!
thats interesting . so how many employees do they have?

iv seen their vans about over the years ,oldish astra / oldish pug Despach i used to think they must hav a big proper round but now reading your info means likely theyre playing at it with a tiddler round

Back