Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

windowsurfer

Black diamond Rubber

windowsurfer

Got a sample 14" piece of black diamond rubber from Bladeright, when I ordered up more Razrblade rubber. Really like it so far in my modded wagtail, feels smooth, easier to cut than the razrblade, dont know how long it lasts yet, but very impressed with it.

mark m

I found it does not last as long a razor but it is a nice rubber

keefo

Does the BD come in soft and hard rubber? Most sites I've seen only sell one and it's soft.

Eric Gilliand
Does the BD come in soft and hard rubber? Most sites I've seen only sell one and it's soft.

Both. WCR sell both but don't ship internationally...bigger.

keefo

There is a website called squeegeerubber.com.au Eric, i only saw them as they liked my Facebook page. They sell BD but only soft, not sure if they ship to NZ. They said they only sell soft as it covers most cases in Australia. I did say i thought hard was better for warmer weather but they didn't reply.

Eric Gilliand
There is a website called squeegeerubber.com.au Eric, i only saw them as they liked my Facebook page. They sell BD but only soft, not sure if they ship to NZ. They said they only sell soft as it covers most cases in Australia. I did say i thought hard was better for warmer weather but they didn't reply.

Yeh, came across them also. Note that they are only selling the Flattop rubber (for Sorbo).

Eric Gilliand
Only seem to see BD on the site and no others

Correct. Black Diamond Flat-Top...won't fit in normal channels...

keefo

What about liquidator, they require round only, don't they,or you classing those as standard.

Eric Gilliand
What about liquidator, they require round only, don't they,or you classing those as standard.

Liquidator takes normal round rubber so yep, standard.

keefo

Not sure if it's the sandy air that blows all the crap on the windows here in Perth Eric but the razr red i used on couple jobs last week is leaving marks from middle of rubber already. It worked well last week but i don't think it'll last as long for me as the lads in England. Do you get sandy air in Dunedin.

Eric Gilliand
Not sure if it's the sandy air that blows all the **** on the windows here in Perth Eric but the razr red i used on couple jobs last week is leaving marks from middle of rubber already. It worked well last week but i don't think it'll last as long for me as the lads in England. Do you get sandy air in Dunedin.

Man, we're about a 100 yards north of Antarctica (just kidding) and a coastal city. We get wind, dust, sand, salt and grit near the beaches and right at this point in time we're heading into heavy pollen season. All joking aside you just have to adapt for the conditions. If there is a lot of sand, dust etc on the glass and frames then sometimes it's simply grit your teeth and soak wash. On initial cleans I sometimes prewash frames and glass with WFP and then if needed go around again with Trad gear. Your lines will be coming from the grit/sand that your squeegee is probably picking up from the edge of the glass on and around the seals and yes if you squeegee on that sort of surface your rubber is going to be trashed pretty quickly, regardless of how durable it is.

keefo

Tried black diamond soft on a job yesterday and it has become my favourite rubber. It was 36° and no issues with using the soft. I've often found rubbers need a few windows or so to break in but not with the BD. I'll be ordering some I think as the one I used was a free sample.

norm
Tried black diamond soft on a job yesterday and it has become my favourite rubber. It was 36° and no issues with using the soft. I've often found rubbers need a few windows or so to break in but not with the BD. I'll be ordering some I think as the one I used was a free sample.

36 deg and soft rubber works thats impressive

what soap do you use @keefo ?

keefo

Hi Norm, I used Ecover lemon & aloe vera yesterday, sometimes I use a liquid called WCD 70 which is a window cleaning liquid.

Eric Gilliand
36 deg and soft rubber works thats impressive

what soap do you use @keefo ?

Hi Keefo,

I'm finding here in NZ that the BD is performing beautifully as well. As you know I'm an absolute fan of Razer Red and even though the BD doesn't have the absolute longevity of the red it has better slip and water removal, especially tinted glass on cooler mornings. I have a fistful of Wagulators in my kit with Red and BD. Of late I'm finding my hand grabbing the black rubber. My personal favourite currently is an 18" liquidator on a modded Wagtail PC (bare, no pad), smooth as glass.

norm
Hi Norm, I used Ecover lemon & aloe vera yesterday, sometimes I use a liquid called WCD 70 which is a window cleaning liquid.

thanks keefo i use Ecover myself seem to always return to it after trying different soaps

being in the middle of summer must be nice but iv never cleaned windows in hotter than mid twenties and cant imagine how challenging mid thirties must be

norm
Hi Keefo,

I'm finding here in NZ that the BD is performing beautifully as well. As you know I'm an absolute fan of Razer Red and even though the BD doesn't have the absolute longevity of the red it has better slip and water removal, especially tinted glass on cooler mornings. I have a fistful of Wagulators in my kit with Red and BD. Of late I'm finding my hand grabbing the black rubber. My personal favourite currently is an 18" liquidator on a modded Wagtail PC (bare, no pad), smooth as glass.

thats good info as i use razer red and know it is one of the best for slip and the bd is something i haven't used yet

keefo
thanks keefo i use Ecover myself seem to always return to it after trying different soaps

being in the middle of summer must be nice but iv never cleaned windows in hotter than mid twenties and cant imagine how challenging mid thirties must be

No worries Norm, give the rubber a whirl and see what you think. I like others have got razr red and Moerman rubbers to run down, I feel it will be axwaste if I don't use.

norm
No worries Norm, give the rubber a whirl and see what you think. I like others have got razr red and Moerman rubbers to run down, I feel it will be axwaste if I don't use.

yeah i have some razr red to use before i buy anything else

i like my money's worth out of it

keefo
Ordered up 5 lengths of 40" today of BD:)

Let us know if you think they are still as good on this next batch mate.

windowsurfer
Let us know if you think they are still as good on this next batch mate.

My rubber came today, but they sent me 5 x 10" of DB, gutted:gush:, was thinking about it all day today coming as well:oops:, have emailed company via ebay, £20 for 50" of rubber is a bit steep methinks:eek:

keefo
My rubber came today, but they sent me 5 x 10" of DB, gutted:gush:, was thinking about it all day today coming as well:oops:, have emailed company via ebay, £20 for 50" of rubber is a bit steep methinks:eek:

What company is it via ebay? Sounds dodgy. When you do get the correct ones BD strips are meant to get sent with two rubbers joined together with a pre cut down the middle & when you're ready to use you pull them apart. I'm not sure though on the sizes you've ordered whether they'll come like that.

windowsurfer
What company is it via ebay? Sounds dodgy. When you do get the correct ones BD strips are meant to get sent with two rubbers joined together with a pre cut down the middle & when you're ready to use you pull them apart. I'm not sure though on the sizes you've ordered whether they'll come like that.

On ebay they list all the sizes in a row, so I think whoever packed them, just looked at first size 10" and thought it was them ,simple human error, so not worried about it. Black Diamond Squeegee Rubber Soft 10 12 14 18 36 40''best rubbers window clean

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.