Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black diamond Rubber

windowsurfer

Got a sample 14" piece of black diamond rubber from Bladeright, when I ordered up more Razrblade rubber. Really like it so far in my modded wagtail, feels smooth, easier to cut than the razrblade, dont know how long it lasts yet, but very impressed with it.

There is a website called squeegeerubber.com.au Eric, i only saw them as they liked my Facebook page. They sell BD but only soft, not sure if they ship to NZ. They said they only sell soft as it covers most cases in Australia. I did say i thought hard was better for warmer weather but they didn't reply.

There is a website called squeegeerubber.com.au Eric, i only saw them as they liked my Facebook page. They sell BD but only soft, not sure if they ship to NZ. They said they only sell soft as it covers most cases in Australia. I did say i thought hard was better for warmer weather but they didn't reply.
Yeh, came across them also. Note that they are only selling the Flattop rubber (for Sorbo).

Not sure if it's the sandy air that blows all the **** on the windows here in Perth Eric but the razr red i used on couple jobs last week is leaving marks from middle of rubber already. It worked well last week but i don't think it'll last as long for me as the lads in England. Do you get sandy air in Dunedin.

Not sure if it's the sandy air that blows all the **** on the windows here in Perth Eric but the razr red i used on couple jobs last week is leaving marks from middle of rubber already. It worked well last week but i don't think it'll last as long for me as the lads in England. Do you get sandy air in Dunedin.
Man, we're about a 100 yards north of Antarctica (just kidding) and a coastal city. We get wind, dust, sand, salt and grit near the beaches and right at this point in time we're heading into heavy pollen season. All joking aside you just have to adapt for the conditions. If there is a lot of sand, dust etc on the glass and frames then sometimes it's simply grit your teeth and soak wash. On initial cleans I sometimes prewash frames and glass with WFP and then if needed go around again with Trad gear. Your lines will be coming from the grit/sand that your squeegee is probably picking up from the edge of the glass on and around the seals and yes if you squeegee on that sort of surface your rubber is going to be trashed pretty quickly, regardless of how durable it is.

Tried black diamond soft on a job yesterday and it has become my favourite rubber. It was 36° and no issues with using the soft. I've often found rubbers need a few windows or so to break in but not with the BD. I'll be ordering some I think as the one I used was a free sample.

Tried black diamond soft on a job yesterday and it has become my favourite rubber. It was 36° and no issues with using the soft. I've often found rubbers need a few windows or so to break in but not with the BD. I'll be ordering some I think as the one I used was a free sample.
36 deg and soft rubber works thats impressive

what soap do you use @keefo ?

Hi Norm, I used Ecover lemon & aloe vera yesterday, sometimes I use a liquid called WCD 70 which is a window cleaning liquid.

36 deg and soft rubber works thats impressivewhat soap do you use @keefo ?
Hi Keefo,

I'm finding here in NZ that the BD is performing beautifully as well. As you know I'm an absolute fan of Razer Red and even though the BD doesn't have the absolute longevity of the red it has better slip and water removal, especially tinted glass on cooler mornings. I have a fistful of Wagulators in my kit with Red and BD. Of late I'm finding my hand grabbing the black rubber. My personal favourite currently is an 18" liquidator on a modded Wagtail PC (bare, no pad), smooth as glass.

Hi Norm, I used Ecover lemon & aloe vera yesterday, sometimes I use a liquid called WCD 70 which is a window cleaning liquid.
thanks keefo i use Ecover myself seem to always return to it after trying different soaps

being in the middle of summer must be nice but iv never cleaned windows in hotter than mid twenties and cant imagine how challenging mid thirties must be

Hi Keefo,I'm finding here in NZ that the BD is performing beautifully as well. As you know I'm an absolute fan of Razer Red and even though the BD doesn't have the absolute longevity of the red it has better slip and water removal, especially tinted glass on cooler mornings. I have a fistful of Wagulators in my kit with Red and BD. Of late I'm finding my hand grabbing the black rubber. My personal favourite currently is an 18" liquidator on a modded Wagtail PC (bare, no pad), smooth as glass.
thats good info as i use razer red and know it is one of the best for slip and the bd is something i haven't used yet

thanks keefo i use Ecover myself seem to always return to it after trying different soapsbeing in the middle of summer must be nice but iv never cleaned windows in hotter than mid twenties and cant imagine how challenging mid thirties must be
No worries Norm, give the rubber a whirl and see what you think. I like others have got razr red and Moerman rubbers to run down, I feel it will be axwaste if I don't use.

No worries Norm, give the rubber a whirl and see what you think. I like others have got razr red and Moerman rubbers to run down, I feel it will be axwaste if I don't use.
yeah i have some razr red to use before i buy anything else

i like my money's worth out of it

Back