Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

windowsurfer

Black diamond Rubber

Green Pro Clean Ltd
£20 for 50" of rubber is a bit steep methinks

Would your missus think £20 for 50" of rubber is a bit steep?? :)) :rofl::rofl::rofl: :))

Sorry couldn't resist such an easy one!! :whistle:

windowsurfer

Had to go to post office to pick my package of bd rubber up, it's the right size, but there is a defect on two bits that are joined together, it will hopefully be alright, but it's on the edge. Really have felt a bit annoyed now. Had been sent out wrong size, now there is a defect in this batch Heard that the cleaning warehouse are good, but I'm a tad dissapointed now.

Dropbox - IMAG2953 (1).jpg

Dropbox - IMAG2954 (1).jpg

Eric Gilliand
Had to go to post office to pick my package of bd rubber up, it's the right size, but there is a defect on two bits that are joined together, it will hopefully be alright, but it's on the edge. Really have felt a bit annoyed now. Had been sent out wrong size, now there is a defect in this batch Heard that the cleaning warehouse are good, but I'm a tad dissapointed now.

Dropbox - IMAG2953 (1).jpg

Dropbox - IMAG2954 (1).jpg

Nope, not good enough. Get them replaced. Not fit for purpose. That defect will effect the use I'm sure.

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I grabbed a couple of strips to test in my wagtails. Now i just got to get off my ass and test it. :)

keefo

I've done two tests between razr red and black diamond, one last Friday at a property and one today.....only on the one window at each property. I've done plenty of homes with razr red but after my little test I've found when the rubber is on the window just overlapping the soap or when you go back to get a bit you've missed the razr red squeaks a bit, whereas the black diamond just tends to glide more often than not. I've also found the Moerman soft pretty good for this also. My top two are BD soft and Moerman soft. Sorry Mr lover of razr red!!!!! Lol

Eric Gilliand

I do have to agree Keefo. The BD Medium is more forgiving, particularly on hot days. Although, I did a job out in a rural property today that had the old painted iron frames...absolutely chewed the ends of the BD to pieces (doesn't matter I just add a few dollars to the account) but my other squeegee with the Razer in it fared much better. I think I'll run with both. Advantages of Red is longevity on rougher frames. BD for a little extra slip and a little more forgiving as I get weary... :-)

keefo

Yes I'll probably still flick between the three types of rubber Eric but if I had to pick one for the enjoyment factor it would have to be BD. Do you still cut your rubber square? I've found having them this way there is no jumping and sometimes twisting.01c55975c79aa8aaf2f2084e39c91fc1.jpg

32a6bc8dc2d183275ee5cc530d1a80bb.jpg

Eric Gilliand
image.jpeg.eda62bbdc9c0acafca08a17d99acf8e5.jpeg I've been doing it this way with the Razer red ....

Eric Gilliand

I got an 18" sample off them and when I do order it will be from them. Darren Winter in Germany also kindly sent me out a couple of samples prior to the Oz guy getting the round top.

keefo

Yeah I've only had a sample off them up to now....soft & hard. I'm just ordering some now.

windowsurfer

Used my BD yesterday and today, enjoying the glide on it, just to see how long it lasts, but its a shame RAZR red didnt keep the standard up, but will still use them in the hope of getting a good batch, its like they have taken the salt out a tasty meal.

Eric Gilliand
Used my BD yesterday and today, enjoying the glide on it, just to see how long it lasts, but its a shame RAZR red didnt keep the standard up, but will still use them in the hope of getting a good batch, its like they have taken the salt out a tasty meal.

Tell me about this? The quality on my 36" lengths is stellar but I did notice some variance with my last lot of 14's. The bulb seems to vary on size, causing sticking in the channel and uneven tension. Is this what you're referring to or has the overall quality dropped?

windowsurfer
Tell me about this? The quality on my 36" lengths is stellar but I did notice some variance with my last lot of 14's. The bulb seems to vary on size, causing sticking in the channel and uneven tension. Is this what you're referring to or has the overall quality dropped?

I personally felt the great glide razr red had is not there anymore.

adam davies

Hi @keefo , apologies for the delay we are new to the forum and I've only just seen this, if you have ordered them from us please give us a call on 01902 637 402 and I will happily replace these, BD are excellent quality usually so I am disappointed to see this. Hopefully they perform just as good as they should. Nevertheless I will replace these ;)

windowsurfer
Apologies wrong person @windowsurfer i meant !

Hi Adam I will give you a call when I get a chance, just saw your comment, I havent used those strips yet. Thanks:thumbsup:

keefo

How's your black diamond medium going Eric, still good? I know squeegee rubber class it as hard rubber but I know you call it medium. I still love the slip and non stick of the soft but as you said before they only last one or two jobs on a 4x2. I just love the fact you can put a new rubber straight in and not have to break it in.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Eric Gilliand
How's your black diamond medium going Eric, still good? I know squeegee rubber class it as hard rubber but I know you call it medium. I still love the slip and non stick of the soft but as you said before they only last one or two jobs on a 4x2. I just love the fact you can put a new rubber straight in and not have to break it in.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Love the stuff Keefo. Razer Red for old and or tough frames. BD 'hard' for everything else.

keefo

I'm finding lately for some reason that I'm having to change rubbers now for almost every job due to nicks at the end of the rubber.......it's the bloody aluminium frames we have here which sometimes are quite sharp.

Eric Gilliand
I'm finding lately for some reason that I'm having to change rubbers now for almost every job due to nicks at the end of the rubber.......it's the bloody aluminium frames we have here which sometimes are quite sharp.

Yep. I find the oxidised aluminium frames particularly irritating. That's when I break out the Razer Red...

keefo
Yep. I find the oxidised aluminium frames particularly irritating. That's when I break out the Razer Red...

Just a bit wary of ordering them again after some of mine and others had bad batches. It Wouldn't bother me if I could get them down the road, but of course shipping costs. [emoji53]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.