Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY van mount pump options.

Diwrnach

So slowly looking at making my own van mount and planning on having a pump box that I can remove and also use on a trolley for the times its needed.

What pump should I get? I see on ebay you can get quite cheap pumps that are 100psi and seem to have the exact same specs as the more expensive ones.

Anyone used one of the cheaper pumps? or is it best to just get a good pump from the start?

So slowly looking at making my own van mount and planning on having a pump box that I can remove and also use on a trolley for the times its needed.
What pump should I get? I see on ebay you can get quite cheap pumps that are 100psi and seem to have the exact same specs as the more expensive ones.

Anyone used one of the cheaper pumps? or is it best to just get a good pump from the start?
If I were you mate, I would get a shurflo pump if you are cleaning full houses WFP day in day out.

I have used the cheap pumps and they are good but I have used them on trolleys cleaning tops only and cleaning downstairs Trad. A cheap pump I have found to last around a year cleaning tops only. The shurflo pump is much more Heavy Duty

This is my thinking, you can actually buy three for the same price as one of the shurflo ones.
And they will all die before the ShurFlo does. Buy the best and you can relax. How much is a ShurFlo, 80 quid? 80 for piece of mind in my book.

Tuffers top tip; Buy 2 of everything that can breakdown if you can afford it. Imagine a pump braking down half way through the week and having to wait half a week for a new one to turn up. How much would that cost you in lost earnings?

Defo a shurflo, mines 4 years old hasn't missed a beat, there not expensive, don't risk a cheap one

Back