Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

interior consevatory roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bluemoon

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had any advice on what best way to clean the inside of a glass conservatory roof. I have done it before using a step ladder and microfiber cloths but it took ages and was very difficult. Is there a pole type thing I could use?

Thanks in advance

I have a 5 rung little giant gets me up there real safe to trad it, heavy nicotine I'll use ubik in my mix as well thanks to some sound advice from damo. Also use karcher if drips are gonna be a problem with electronics etc although I always cover stuff anyway.

Figure which way the conservatory faces, if east facing then it's a late afternoon job when the sun and heat is off of it, if it's west facing then early morning before the sun is on it.

Even with overcast days the sun will still heat it up, so you want it at coolest possible times to prevent your solution drying quickly and smearing.

Inside conservatories roofs are rarely done so Ubik weather or not they are smokers, it will really speed it up.

Also consider some plastic painters drop sheets from B&Q, about £5 for a couple of large ones to cover up, then you can keep the applicator a little wetter allowing you to work a little quicker.

Good luck.

When used upside down on the inside of a velux or conny, a squeegee can hold quite a bit of water before it drips down. You can squeegee like you would normally do in an interior, except straight pulls only, and then just before the water drips just give the squeegee a quick wipe on the applicator.

I just use step ladders and soap up all the frames and wipe them down and dry off, normally quite dirty above arms length as not cleaned much if at all by customers, as for the glass I just use a general glass cleaner or some pure water with a bit of fairy and micro fibre clean as the glazing is always funny irregular shapes, time consuming yes but results are good, just charge accordingly, using a wagtail or similar is ok but doesnt clean the frames.

I have one of those 5 way ladders for stairs, short ladder, A-frame step ladder type, well handy but more to the point.....

Some lad posted a video on here where he used an applicator to soap up the inside of a conny roof then grabbed his Karcher and cleaned it off, quick wipe of the edges to 'detail' and jobs a good un.

Will defo try it myself next time.

Hi,
Just wondered if anyone had any advice on what best way to clean the inside of a glass conservatory roof. I have done it before using a step ladder and microfiber cloths but it took ages and was very difficult. Is there a pole type thing I could use?

Thanks in advance
The new Unger STINGRAY internal cleaning tool looks brilliant for internal glass cleans - check it out on their website. I'm going to invest in one for conservatory valets. Price looks to be £199 plus vat for the full kit.

I had an idea of using my floor mop for my wooden floor

It has a good swivel and the microfibre pads that velcro on both sides

They sell them in asda

Thinking of spraying lightly with soap/virosol solution and scrubbing glass then using the other side to buff it up

Back