Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

my new diy trolley

Not tried yet as just made it this afternoon but will find out tomorrow

Seems ok on my garden but not tried with a full drum on it

Can buy pneumatic replacement tyres from amazon for a tenner

Only 60psi pump though i think..from a kobold pump and battery box..same company who make facelift ones

Not good build quality for the box i bought but the actual parts are ok as the facelift ones get good reviews

Sounds a lot better in this little box though

When it was in the old box it had a horrible whining noise that changed pitch as the flow was increased

Definitely prefer this noise now

Not sure the battery is design to be fitted vertically. They are perfectly sealed. We had on that leaked slightly. Every backpack I've ever seen has been horizontal with the terminals pointing up.

I've made 2 of these boxes & in 1 the battery is laying down & in one its standing up & both work & charge fine.

Looks a good job @daveyboy1

Mine work ok. Did you take the parts from that blue box we brought. I've been using that lately & it's great. I alternate what ones I use. Do the same with my 3 backpacks.

Yes I like a spare or 2 lol.

All came out the blue box

Still got to fit the led lights but the rest is in

All fits in that tiny junction box

Only way to fit the pump properly is to cable tie the legs to the bracket and then bolt the bracket to the box (you'll understand if you look at your pump)

No rattling battery now

Build quality is not the best on those blue boxes

Get the grey junction box from b&q for a tenner and it has the circles on the sides that just need breaking out to fit pipes etc

The pump pipes lined up perfectly with 2 of the circles and for the switches i knocked out a circle (well drilled as they are tough) and used a file to make the correct size and shape for the switch

http://www.diy.com/departments/diall-grey-junction-box/257372_BQ.prd

Last edited by a moderator:
If it can pump as high as i need it to then I'm sure sideways isn't gonna hurt it

If it struggles then i can turn the box

Looks brilliant dave, hows it been in action?

Good job mate :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Where did u get the trolley and how much was it? I like the size, looks easy to get in and out the car?

Latest Posts

Back