Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Now that's karma!!!!

Eviestevie

3 month ago I lost a customer of 3 years to a new windie

She informed me the windie had quoted half the price off mine but if I'd price match she would keep me.

I politely declined which was hard felt like ripping into her but hey I'm not short of work so bit my tongue

Anyways been in the road today and she came rushing across the road to me,so I'm ready to politely tell her I'm fully booked when she tells me the new windie came yday and the neighbour heard a bang and seen him picking his pole up from the front of her brand new BMW X5 and when she returned home there's a big dent and scratch down bonnet and he hadn't left a ticket and did I no him or were he lived?

Told her not seen him round here before hers being the only house in the estate he did and that probably he wasn't insured and has done one!

i actually got on really well with her fella and had banter so chuckled when she said the husband goons go mad

Love it

And I know exactly where the windie lives so I have a little bit off ammo against him if he decides to undercut again
I would go back and leave a note through the door with his address.

What sort of bell end leaves a pole where it can fall anyway

Unnatended pole is asking for trouble

If my hands aren't on mine it is collapsed and leant in a corner so it can't fall

Last edited by a moderator:
thats wat u do wen u want an excuse to buy a new pole lol /emoticons/tongue.png

not leave it to fall on a bmw llol

u put it up fully then slam it to the ground

oh no wife i broke my pole today i need to get a new one or i cant work /emoticons/tongue.png

I had a customer text me last Friday saying there is a windy in the road charging £12 for 3 bed houses and could I match it (I charge £20 as it isn't a normal 3 bed, 1 massive bedroom window over a conny which needs a 30' pole, big **** off conny too). I replied by saying it sounded cheap and will he clean sills and front door etc not knowing if he had quoted the house or not. Within minutes I get a picture text of this other cleaners flier, the prices were all 'FROM' I texted her back pointing this out and she didn't reply. She is due this Friday and I normally text her before to leave gate open and money. Would you guys not bother with that job again? It's the only one I do in her road.

I had a customer text me last Friday saying there is a windy in the road charging £12 for 3 bed houses and could I match it (I charge £20 as it isn't a normal 3 bed, 1 massive bedroom window over a conny which needs a 30' pole, big **** off conny too). I replied by saying it sounded cheap and will he clean sills and front door etc not knowing if he had quoted the house or not. Within minutes I get a picture text of this other cleaners flier, the prices were all 'FROM' I texted her back pointing this out and she didn't reply. She is due this Friday and I normally text her before to leave gate open and money. Would you guys not bother with that job again? It's the only one I do in her road.
The moment someone starts moaning about money they are welcome to **** off IMO. If on the other hand I look at the price and think, maybe I was taking the biscuit a bit, I wouldnt mind dropping a little as I'm not trying to rip people off, just want to make a fair days pay, for a fair days work. But if they want to take a chance on an unisured desperado without the same overheads as me, they are welcome to leave.

Tuffers I'd just do it and hope from now on she has her tail between her legs. If she cared only about money why has she not booked the other windie in and cancelled you? Maybe she has called him and he quote £20 lol. But then I don't have enough custies to chuck any away, even annoying cheeky ones lol.

Eviestevie maybe he'll be back with an insurance claim against the car, saying he drove into his pole haha

3 month ago I lost a customer of 3 years to a new windieShe informed me the windie had quoted half the price off mine but if I'd price match she would keep me.

I politely declined which was hard felt like ripping into her but hey I'm not short of work so bit my tongue

Anyways been in the road today and she came rushing across the road to me,so I'm ready to politely tell her I'm fully booked when she tells me the new windie came yday and the neighbour heard a bang and seen him picking his pole up from the front of her brand new BMW X5 and when she returned home there's a big dent and scratch down bonnet and he hadn't left a ticket and did I no him or were he lived?

Told her not seen him round here before hers being the only house in the estate he did and that probably he wasn't insured and has done one!

i actually got on really well with her fella and had banter so chuckled when she said the husband goons go mad

Love it
This story made my day mate, love it when it happens like that. :thumbsup:

I would go back and leave a note through the door with his address.
Spruce while I don't like to see people's hard earned possessions get damaged at the same time I treat people the same as they treat me

She had no respect for me or my living if all my customers did the same I'd be out of business

Her choice to employ someone she didn't no from jack so now has to live the cost of her decision

Sack it if she's not replied mate

I had one ring up - WFP is rotting the windows so can you do it off ladder like you used to ?No

Bye
Haha amazing how some people's minds work

I had one once who moaned coz it was wetting the bricks so I quickly replied,I know just like when it rains!!!!

So water is rotting the things that protect your house from wind and WATER!!!! that's a new one on me

Last week -

'Where have you been ?'

'Sorry I have been busy , it's only been two months there not that bad '

Are you coming every month please ?

Yes ( no )

How much do I owe ?

'£20 for last time and today '

'FffffinLL you must be loaded

Are you coming in a month then?'

Yes ( no )

ide tex her and say would u like me to still clean ur windows if she sases no her loss if she sases yes ur quids in but any messing around after that sack her off ide say

Spruce while I don't like to see people's hard earned possessions get damaged at the same time I treat people the same as they treat meShe had no respect for me or my living if all my customers did the same I'd be out of business

Her choice to employ someone she didn't no from jack so now has to live the cost of her decision
I understand where you are coming from. This is my take.

Unfortunately, in your customers eye's you are a bandit as you over charged her. But if you have a full customer list with satisfied customers then it doesn't matter what she thinks. You aren't out of business as all your customers aren't doing the same to you as she did. Just because she thinks or says something, doesn't mean she is right.

This isn't about you, its about the dishonest guy. That customer never need know who put that address through their letter box (better if you didn't get involved) but you can bet your ex customer will peruse this window cleaner and create all sorts of bad publicity. That's good for you.

You don't have to take her back, but she will be made aware of the difference between you and the dishonest one.

The other thing is that if you know about a 'crime' and you don't report it, you are guilty of complicity in that crime. IMHO its the same principle.

The other thing is that if you know about a 'crime' and you don't report it, you are guilty of complicity in that crime. IMHO its the same principle.

Where I'm from that attitude will get your legs broken lol

Seriously i would just stay out of it or if you felt inclined to be a good citizen then pop a note through discreetly so you keep out of it

Seriously i would just stay out of it or if you felt inclined to be a good citizen then pop a note through discreetly so you keep out of it
Agree daveyboy same round my way no one likes a snitch and I def ant one

I don't agree with what he did but at the same do I grass up fellow windie trying to do what we all did once and build a living or the rich women who had little regard for us

I'll def stay out of it coz that's the way I am

Tend to agree Davey. Who needs aggro? The windy on our estate has 2 or 3 blokes rent the work off him. I do a bit on our estate and have heard some fruity stories about him. To look at him you'd think WUSS, but actually from what I've heard he's a right nasty piece of work. Never had any bother with him myself and always waves to me.

Back