Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory clean with pressure washer and carbon poles /brush HELP !e

trickydicky

Hi guys...Right i have an interesting one..I am in the middle of setting up my pure system in my van but at the moment i only have the carbon poles and brush for conny roofs..I have no hose or controller unit as away to purchase at end of month.

I have a conny roof (poly) to do in a day or two and i have my pressure washer and pole/brush

So my question is will i be able to soak the roof with PW and use the brush to clean ...and then soak down and repeat until clean...Far from ideal but i just need to get this done and will have all the kit soon..

Also as i am up against it time wise what product that i can get locally would i use to break up the **** on the roof...

Cheers guys

Just use the customers hose and wet it with that, then scrub away and rinse off again with hose

Like jake said or just prespray with a commercial degreaser or algon etc have a cuppa agitate with brush and rinse with hose

We use Nelson degreaser the local rep delivers it me to my door and it takes **** really I leave it on for half hour and the muck just slides off hardly any work so I make sure I do them when customer not there

Cheers lads...I am really not sure where i can source a degreaser as have not neede it before...As i cant order online can anyone suggest a high st seller ..

Also what other uses would this sort of degreaser be used for?..Just to give me an idea where to look..cheers again

I use as a spot cleaner for my carpet at home

I use it to clean oven

Fascias soffits

My car wheels

I buy it in 25 l drums and dilute it depending on what cleaning

Where are you based?

Can't you put a connector on the end of your pole and just attach it to the outside tap/hose?

Use it WFP but with tap water.

Cheers for the replies...Ok i can get the wickes degreaser if i need to but are there any other alternatives that may do a better job?

Am i better pre soaking the poly roofs with water before i apply the degreaser and with the limited tools at hand what way would suggest i get it on the roof...Is it a simple case of dipping the brush in and getting it up there or any wee tips i can use...cheers

I'm sure you'll be fine just using the customers hose and your brush mate, if needs be put some de-greaser on it, but it should be nice and easy to get clean even without it.

I never use Chems on conny roofs and never had a problem, but then I'm not rally into chems, always just use the water and the brush, it's always surprising how easy it is to clean them up! You'll be fine with water and elbow grease mate /emoticons/wink.png

Have you got a pole? If so just out the ladder up against the conny, climb up a bit so you can scrub away with the pole, while rinsing every now and then with the customers hose...

Cheers for the replies...Ok i can get the wickes degreaser if i need to but are there any other alternatives that may do a better job?Am i better pre soaking the poly roofs with water before i apply the degreaser and with the limited tools at hand what way would suggest i get it on the roof...Is it a simple case of dipping the brush in and getting it up there or any wee tips i can use...cheers
I think your best way to do it until you get all the gear is to mix some degreaser with water in a bucket and dip your brush in and scrub. Then try and hose it down with custy's hose pipe. I think it will be time consuming though.

A word of notice do not blast the hose up into the roof joints especially on pitched roofs it will leak for sure

Rinse from top down down squirt derectly up

Thanks for all the replies..job done with screwfix degreaser..2 1/2 hours and sparkling..customer happy so im happy!Cheers
Now to get the rest of your gear sorted so you can knock one out in an hour /emoticons/smile.png (a conny roof you perves)

Back