Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How low do you go?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

MrBump

As the title says, whats your minimum charge (for a residential property) and where abouts are you based?

I'm not wondering what I can get away with, more whether I am too expensive in general on your average house /emoticons/wink.png

I'll start, my minimum charge is £15 and I'm from the south coast :thumbsup:

£10 minimum for a little 2 bed house,

Average house price, around £15-£17 recently trying to quote £20 for houses that used to be £15, worth a punt!

Essex :cool:

As the title says, whats your minimum charge (for a residential property) and where abouts are you based?
I'm not wondering what I can get away with, more whether I am too expensive in general on your average house /emoticons/wink.png

I'll start, my minimum charge is £15 and I'm from the south coast :thumbsup:
£15 minimum!?:eek:

Yeah tuffers, £20 min for a detached house /emoticons/tongue.png

Whats yours then and where are you based?

Birmingham, £8 front only and £10 small house (no access problems) minimum.

Detached three bed regular wouldn't get away with more than £16 pm here I don't think

£10 and I'll get my butt out the motor but i have a few cheaper as they are little flats etc where i work already

Don't feel right telling someone with 3 windows a tenner

But normal jobs £10 is minimum

Hmm so the general consensus is about a tenner minimum charge. Except Jakes is a bit higher overall because he has a remote control button thingy /emoticons/biggrin.png :giggle:

Hmmm... Maybe I am a fiver overpriced, although I am further south than any of you guys and that extra sun gets a premium :cool: Plus I'm slow and only do1 house an hour! :clap:

If they're paying it and your not short of work go for it

If you feel it's losing you jobs lower it

They're paying it but I am short of work lol. So not enough are paying it Saying that, not been directly turned down after they have said a definate yes, but those who say they'll look at my leaflet before deciding, on (which has prices on) if haven't definately said yes, most don't call lol

Try knocking it down to 12 or so and see what happens

End of the day an average 3 bed has 6 windows and 2 doors usually only the back one is glass

So a tenner is more than a quid a window

£15 is more than 2 quid a window which people may begrudge paying

I'm right next to london and can't get away with that

£10 minimum is what I'm using for a pretty typical 2 bed house, £12 for a 3 bed, £15 for a 4 bed. Any 2nd floor windows or velux windows add £2. Anything bigger than 4 beds is a bespoke price £1 per window will usually do it. If they've got a conny then add £5-£10 for that (excluding the conny roof).

Based in Essex

I've got one £4 one lol. It's a bungalow with just 4 windows, all at the front, in fact I barely have to move my feet to reach them all. Takes about 2-3 mins. And I do next door so I'm there anyway.

I do a lot of shop fronts and use £4 as my minimum to get off my bike. Again, the £4 ones literally take two mins, including winding the hose back in /emoticons/smile.png

See I am flexible with pricing which is why I say don't put price on flyers, when I quote for anything I always go in quite high and gauge the reaction, you can do a "oh that will be about 15, erm, no thinking about it call it 12" if 15 gets a reaction that its too high, you can then always do the "well actually you are close to lots of other customers/actually if I put it with that job I won't have to travel twice" etc etc etc as an excuse to lower the price to get the job.

Of coarse this all depends on if you want the job, not really fussed etc, if you have enough work and not really bothered then give a price and stick to it.

Though I will always try and price a job so that I don't go to it knowing I under priced it as then you wander round grumbling to yourself in your head it should be more.

went to a house yesterday well out of my area unrelated to work and got talking and the lady told me that her previous window cleaner charged £60pm for the house (big new 5 bed house on sea front 20 windows and tidy conny). Her new cleaner was now doing it for £20, I would have priced it at £45 perhaps £50. all i can say is congrats to the £60 windy and foolish boy to the £20 cleaner.

Hmm so the general consensus is about a tenner minimum charge. Except Jakes is a bit higher overall because he has a remote control button thingy /emoticons/biggrin.png :giggle:Hmmm... Maybe I am a fiver overpriced, although I am further south than any of you guys and that extra sun gets a premium :cool: Plus I'm slow and only do1 house an hour! :clap:
Lol you've got the same remote /emoticons/tongue.png

You don't get sunshine your way - we do in the east, and no rain :cool:,

I think £15 minimum is a bit steep!

Yeah I did wonder about putting prices on my leafletd, thought it was honest having upfront prices and I don't need to be a salesman, if they like my prices and call me its sold. But now I am starting to realise its about getting the enquiries more so than worrying about selling it. Although I don't want odd pounds, only price in multiples of 5's lol

£4 is just silly cheap, 5 mins or not, still need petrol, purify water, equipment, tax and so on

Jake £15 might be a bit steep for smaller properties your right, although not really leafletted any of them yet, not a single semi or anything. Don't want to start negotiating though lol, £15 is fine, if they say £13 I'll be like naaah lol

Now days £10 minimum here, used to do terraces for £8 small semis for £10-£12 average was £12 - £16 dependant on conservatories and such like.

Now houses with access issues are not for me luv sorry! and as most of my leads are referrals my prices are a fair bit higher as they are asking for me based on reputation.

You can build a fast decent paying round doing typical council semis at £8 per pop to start out, then in a year when you are at capacity up it to £10, you will get a few drop outs but not enough to put your money down so in short less work and more money.

Latest Posts

Back