Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Imprinted concrete

Colonel

A customer has asked me to price for His imprinted concrete drive (roughly 50 meters) to be cleaned and sealed with colour as it has become bare in patches. I have never done one before, i looked at smartseal who seem to supply everything you need i.e The sealer (matt or silk,glossView attachment 5299

]) several different shades of the grey colour i need to mix in with the sealer, non slip agent.

Looking for advice on here, has anyone got experience in doing these drives?

I was thinking 2/3 hours to clean it first with some sort of cleaner as there is a build up of algae in places.

Then probably a day to apply 2 coats of sealer, obviously leaving to dry between coats.

Any thoughts wecome.

Plus price ??

View attachment 5298

A customer has asked me to price for His imprinted concrete drive (roughly 50 meters) to be cleaned and sealed with colour as it has become bare in patches. I have never done one before, i looked at smartseal who seem to supply everything you need i.e The sealer (matt or silk,glossView attachment 7786 #View attachment 7787]) several different shades of the grey colour i need to mix in with the sealer, non slip agent.

Looking for advice on here, has anyone got experience in doing these drives?

I was thinking 2/3 hours to clean it first with some sort of cleaner as there is a build up of algae in places.

Then probably a day to apply 2 coats of sealer, obviously leaving to dry between coats.

Any thoughts wecome.

Plus price ??
Its needs to be pressure washed. If you don't own one then go hire one. You have to use it as youneed to wash all the **** out of the fake joints. Assuming itsnot anything too big, just charge what you are happy with for the day, and add a bit for roller sleaves and a large paint brush, since you'll need to throw them away afterwards. Do it on a hot day- pressure wash in the morning, let it dry while you have a long lunch, and seal in the afternoon. But most importantly, make sure when it is sealed that you barricade off the drive and sign it as wet paint. I had some dickhead delivery driver do a U turn on mine just after I had done it. Not good really. Its easy work generally but make sure you also take a stiff scraper, screwdriver, dustpan + brush, as you might find bits of the old stuff peeling, and you'll need to pick them off or else it will look ****.

Good luck with it.

Back