Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

You can do it

S

SolarPanelCleaning

When you b and q it.

Yeh right.

I'm off to b n q to purchase a squeegee, mop, and pole.

Anything I should consider?(other than spending my money elsewhere).

Got insides to do next week.

I know nothing.

I bought a cheap applicator and squeeqee from there (or homebase I forget), I as **** and so was it. A few weeks later I ordered a ninja squeegee and now I'm not bad and barely leave a streak. Not sure if its because of better rubber or what, but it sure made a difference to me. The applicator is more rugged too with scrubbers on the ends for tough bits. 10" does it all for me. Buy cheap, buy twice as they say ;-)

Oh sorry I didn't see you said "other than spending my money elsewhere" haha. I think homebase has some unger stuff, maybe toolfix too. Have a quick search, I'd try and get some.kind of windie brand though if I were you. Of course I'm sure a good tradder can trad well with a windscreen wiper, but I "need" good equip to help a novice like me achieve passable results;)

When I started brought a12 inch wagtail flipper and a spray bottle and I used my broom handle as an extension pole after first job got more equipment and built from there

Order an unger s channel with ergotec handle and applicator to match

Harris decorators pole from b&q for 15 quid..about 5 metres extended so long enough for most jobs

Unger optiloc cone for attaching the squeegee or applicator (will need bodging on to pole)

Best gear to start with i reckon

Wintecs will deliver within 3 days for free or next day for a charge

Order an unger s channel with ergotec handle and applicator to matchHarris decorators pole from b&q for 15 quid..about 5 metres extended so long enough for most jobs

Unger optiloc cone for attaching the squeegee or applicator (will need bodging on to pole)

Best gear to start with i reckon

Wintecs will deliver within 3 days for free or next day for a charge
My b and q don't stock Harris pole now

My b and q don't stock Harris pole now
My b&Q stocks what I think is the pole @boarcity was talking aboutin another thread with white twist locks, in the cleaning section. I had a play with it in the shop and it felt great, its going on next months shopping list. If you are in B&Q I highly recommend you pick up some HG window cleaning soap, if you are new to the squeegee it'll make life that bit easier, its almost like cheating. It'll last for ages and its only 3 quid. But if you can I'll echo what everyone else is saying and say get online and buy some proper tools, even if it means paying extra for delivery.

Well I went in and they wanted 9 quid for a squeegee that was too wide for the panes I have in mind.

What's the best online trade for this sort of thing?

Cheers.Are all brands compatible then?
Unger and ettore, you won't go wrong. I have a load of both, butI use different ones for different benefits. Unger is lighter then ettore gear, and a bit more ergonomic. Ettore is built a bit stronger, thicker plastic etc. I much prefer my unger stuff these days though.

Try cleaningspot and get the code from the discount section. It'll help the forum, but more importantly the code knocks off a nice discount. I got my order this week in about 2 days.

Magic. Cheers gents.

Ordered.

What's the advantage of snaking a squeegee, to just pulling it straight?

It looks cooler :cool: I haven't mastered that yet and still straight pull myself, works fine for me :thumbsup: Someone (I think daveyboy maybe?) on here said to pull across rather then vertically down, I find that was great advice and works far better for me too.

Latest Posts

Back