Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bad payers/slow payers.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

Bad payers/Slow Payers.

I have about 5 customers who basically only pay until court letters are threatened or debt collection letters go out.

I knock.

I email.

COUNTLESS text messages.

I offer every payment method under the sun.

My business head is they do pay...... just really slowly....100 odd days! So i should keep cleaning.

However i am getting so annoyed with them.

Dump and replace ??

If it's bothers you - dump,

If it doesn't - keep...

Never really bothers me, as long as they eventually pay, then I don't mind, it's nice getting a wedge of dough sometimes

I refuse to clean someone's gaff if they still owe me from last time

They have reminders etc beforehand so no excuse not to be paid up by next time

Then they get a letter through the door explaining that they owe me money and to phone to discuss it or it will be taken further

the best way i find is to really go all out to find fresh work with constant marketing. then Anyone whose dragging their heels regularly is OFF , no reason to keep em cos your rounds so busy

Moved about 99% of work onto cleaner planner which has now shown up holes. So now I am fine tuning again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe you still have them as customers when you've threatened them with legal action. Sack em off mate and move on.

I concur, they just aint worth the aggro, if you add up the time you take for the job, the time you take to knock on, the time you take to text, the time it takes you to send debt collection letters.

Add up all that time and then decide if the value of the job is worth it.

Personally it isn't worth me getting stressed about it so I just get the payment and drop em like a bad date!

If u keep taking on new customers these messers are easier to drop, u wont have this in the future if you do as other have said, just dont clean a house if they already owe u, unless u trust them as they usually pay, anyone u have a bad enoug feeling about that u start a thread about u should get arid of, in fact thats a good gauge, if u think u want to talk about how bad a customer is they should be dumped

Bad payers/Slow Payers.
I have about 5 customers who basically only pay until court letters are threatened or debt collection letters go out.

I knock.

I email.

COUNTLESS text messages.

I offer every payment method under the sun.

My business head is they do pay...... just really slowly....100 odd days! So i should keep cleaning.

However i am getting so annoyed with them.

Dump and replace ??
I have a few - it mounts up but they always pay online in the end so who cares about waiting - if it's stressing you out tho it's not worth it

Agreed, u have to judge this sort of thing case by case, dont have an over ruling law, some people owe u and u dont mind because u like them and u know they like u and they are good payers when u see them, others are a nightmare, never happy to see u and dont ever have cash for u

With me it's more about the sheer lack of any kind of respect

What makes people think you are so worthless they don't have to pay you?

This is my livelihood they are messing with and would rather get rid and move on than deal with these nobs

My wife says I'm too harsh with my rules but the paying customers are the ones that put food on my table..sod the rest

Latest Posts

Back