Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Owning a round after leasing it.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Superdry

Hi, I have been a window cleaner since 2007. I worked for two year and built up a run that made 1385 every 3 weeks. I then slipped a disk in my back and was unable to do as much so was forced to sell my run for 5000 to a guy I knew. In 2012 I started to clean windows again and built up a much larger run employing two guys to help with the work load. In 2014 I was giving the opportunity to lease back the round I sold in 2009 for a year. I have paid £100 a week totalling 5900 so far. Problem is when I took on the run it wasn't in the best shape as windows where done whenever and the previous guy went through a number of guys so customers never knew what was happening or how often they were getting done. It is supposed to be every 3 weeks. Also standards were terrible as only glass got cleaned and nothing else. The guy I got the work off moved away and I pay money every 4 weeks into his bank, but other than that takes nothing to do with it. My dilema is that we have gained the trust and built on the run basically saving it and created it into a much better run. I feel that I have paid more than enough considering the standard I got it in and the fact that I was the original guy to create it. I have asked for a conclusion and the guy is not interested. He thinks he can sit back and just keep taking money in, what would you do in this situation

Interesting question, and a difficult dilemma. Unfortunatly, its his round now. He paid a fair price for it when you sold it originally. Whether you think the round has gone astray or not means nothing as you are just leasing it- you sold that right. The only thing you can do is either make him an offer he can't refuse, or you could be a snake and steal the customers back on the sly, but that's a pretty low thing to do. Probably best off just building a round of your own whilst still working that round, canvass the surrounding area, and then give him his round back. Once you leave his round, you may find people come with you once they are not happy with the new person. Good luck either way fella, just remember to do the right thing as a bad rap can follow you.

I know what you are saying, but it would seem a waste, if I give it back it goes down hill again most probably. The customers are happy and were really glad when i came back. They all are extremely happy with the service my company provides and I have my own houses in all these areas now so if I hand it back, the customers will probably not appreciate getting passed on again. They would rather stay with me but don't want to just take it. Want to give the guy his place asked him how much he would like but he want to continue with previous arrangement.

:eek: THATS a hard question..good post..

I wonder if you said you were not going to clean it again would he panic and try and sell as he has gone away.

tricky problem though..good luck whatever happens let us know./emoticons/biggrin.png

Would you sell a car, rent it and because your not happy how its been looked after steal it back?

because thats exactly what you are saying

lol u cant do that mate itd be a **** move tbh with ya

he was good enough to buy it and then lease it back to you

you should of got it on paper the t and c s of hte hole thing

It's not the same as the car is an asset and customers are not. I'm not going to just take the work of him but was more wondering what would be a realistic offer giving the circumstances. I stay in England and the guy has moved out the country and has settled there, so it's not like he is planning to come back. But still I'm not going to just take the work. Was more wondering what people would be willing to pay for that amount of work

20000 pounds

40000 pounds ?

its his round he can charge whatever he wants and it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it

ask him what he will sell it for maybe someone else will buy it if he does put it up for sale then its theres and u have nout to say about it

It's a conundrum for sure. 1) you sold the work 2) the customer chooses who cleans their windows.

How many houses are you leasing? What would happen if all the customers sacked you, what would the 'owner' of the run do then?

I can see why you want to take care of the run as it 'was' your baby and the owner is making money for doing nothing. That's how rich people in this world get on I'm afraid. Not saying this other bloke is rich, but he's making money out of investing money and not actually doing any graft for it.

Call his bluff and tell him you ain't doing it anymore unless he sells.

Back